What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad2 freezes up after 2 days of use

Oldhippiechic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used my ipad 2 days and last nite I went to shut it down and nothing... now since 10 Pm my screen is black with a little circle going round and round... cannot shut down or start up.... it is just locked there with that stupid thing going round and round
(got this note from a friend so I'm trying to get her some help til she can access the forum on her own).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Time for a reboot!

Hold the Power and Home buttons down until the White Apple logo appears. It can take a while, so have patience - but it will eventually! Could take 60 seconds. Then the iPad will reboot - again it takes time.

Don't worry - no app's or data will be lost.

Let us know how it goes.

Tim

OP
O

Oldhippiechic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That worked...thanks so much for the quick responses. The folks on this forum are GREAT! and much appreciated.

sophtioga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you thank you thank you... the reboot worked... I was talking to Tech when friend found to do this . glad we have a place to go for answers..

Most reactions