What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Portrait

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Landscape

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No preference / interchangable

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine in landscape mode most of the time but if I'm reading a newspaper or magazine I find portrait mode better for me.

Dav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape most of the time for me.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yeah it depends on whats being used.

I use Landscape for games/movies, Portrait for reading. Thinks like web browsing and emailing ill switch back and forth. for web browsing if im holding the ipad ill do portrait but if its sitting on the table or something ill have it landscape. For emails Landscape is what I use to just read a few of them but if I have a ton of them to go through ill have it in landscape just so I can mark them off and go through them faster.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it depends on whats being used.

I use Landscape for games/movies, Portrait for reading. Thinks like web browsing and emailing ill switch back and forth. for web browsing if im holding the ipad ill do portrait but if its sitting on the table or something ill have it landscape. For emails Landscape is what I use to just read a few of them but if I have a ton of them to go through ill have it in landscape just so I can mark them off and go through them faster.

Just about the same. It's better in landscape for writing. When I have a lot of that to do I'll lock it. For reading too.

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. Almost exclusively in portrait and I use mine to write as well.

Very rarely in landscape.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape 99% of the time. Only time I'm in portrait is if the app requires it, like using an iPhone app on the iPad that can't be Full Forced.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another question...when holding it in landscape do you hold it with the home button to the right or left?

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape the majority of the time. Only portrait when the app won't go any other way. Love it either way!!! I rarely use my MBP anymore!!

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another question...when holding it in landscape do you hold it with the home button to the right or left?

To the right most of the time - only to the left when I'm typing or watching video because the Apple case props it with the button to the left.

spinfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape 99% of the time. Only time I'm in portrait is if the app requires it, like using an iPhone app on the iPad that can't be Full Forced.

Ditto

As for the home button on the left or right, usually on the left because I have an Apple case, and it's easier to have the cover flap hanging down in the back, instead of flopping around on the bottom, or physically holding it against the back.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason I usually have it to the right is some games FORCE it that way..they won't rotate around.

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I hold it to the right b/c I prefer the speakers on the right top (where my hand isnt) as opposed to the left bottom, covered by my left hand.

Its funny, because I actually find myself flipping it around when i notice the button is on the left, even when it doesnt make a difference...creature of habit i guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts