What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing screen shots

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that only screen shots taken in portrait can be viewed normally in the camera roll? If I take a shot in landscape it displays in portrait when I'm holding the iPad in landscape and vice verse. When I tilt to one or the other, it changes to the opposite so that it's never correct. Shots taken in portrait can be viewed correctly in either aspect. Not a particularly important issue, I know. But a little weird nonetheless.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not just you. You can use a photo editing app like Photoshop Express to rotate the picture. Actually, it just gives you another copy that is rotated, then you delete the original back in the Photos app.

iOS 5 is supposed to include some basic editing tools in the Photos app, so even if they don't fix the screen shot bug at least you'll be able to correct it more easily.

OP
I

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Not just you. You can use a photo editing app like Photoshop Express to rotate the picture. Actually, it just gives you another copy that is rotated, then you delete the original back in the Photos app.

iOS 5 is supposed to include some basic editing tools in the Photos app, so even if they don't fix the screen shot bug at least you'll be able to correct it more easily.

Thanks Poet. It doesn't really bother me. It was just something I came across and wondered if anyone else noticed. Looks like I'm behind the curve as usual. :) Just have to remember to take 'em in portrait.

Most reactions

Latest posts