What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

portrait or landscape?

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first of all, I am a new and proud iPad owner <3

secondly, i was wondering which orientation everyone else uses.

I have mine locked in landscape with the home button on the right. it never leaves that orientation. I just don't like using the portrait orientation.

what about you?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The great thing about the iPad is that everyone gets to choose which orientation they like best. Personally I like reading in portrait mode, but if I am typing something, landscape works better for me because it gives me a larger keyboard.

Of course, YMMV!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I generally stay in portrait but what I really like on the iPad is the orientation lock

OP
I

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should probably use portrait more...

I just feel like landscape uses the screen real estate much more effectively. meh, it's just a personal thing. no need for debate :p

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But then there are also some apps (thankfully very few) that do not rotate so you have to use them in the orientation they were made for.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
depends massively on what I'm doing - the flexability is one of the things that makes the iPad great.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it mostly in landscape mode for everything except reading books. I like reading in portrait mode almost always.

nthnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I'm reading magazines, newspapers or other things, I use the portrait mode. Other things really depend on what it is.

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends

For reading books and magazines I use portrait as I like the larger pages. Web pages and most apps I use landscape.

Most reactions

Latest posts