What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help me fix springboard problem on iPad2 5.1.1 jailbroken with Absinthe 2.1

thengoboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The springboard looks fine until it is turned long ways so the home button is on the side instead of the bottom for wide viewing, then the icons aren't where there supposed to be and the dock disappears , I have a number of tweaks installed. I've gone back through uninstalling any that relates to the spring board but the problem didn't fix.. I then went to my Cydia installed themes and 1by1 uninstalled them all, then went to WinterBoard and checked my installed themes. I've attached a screenshot of installed winterBoard themes and also a photo of the problem I'm having. Please any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you. Please

Attachments

• image-2995722555.jpg
    image-2995722555.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 904
  • image-80258054.jpg
    image-80258054.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 441
  • image-847146780.jpg
    image-847146780.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 720

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That looks more like you have a misbehaving Cydia tweak or an iPhone tweak (read: not compatible with the iPad) that is messing up the iPad. Usually, that kind of behavior is not from installing and running themes.

Think back to what tweaks you installed just before you noticed this behavior. Then, go back to Cydia and uninstall them and see if that fixes it. Then, if you had to remove more than one, you may have to put them back on, one at time to find the culprit.

If that doesn't help, please give a list of your installed Cydia tweaks. Maybe we can see one that might be causing a problem.

Good luck.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely looks like you have an iPhone tweak which is not expecting the springboard to rotate like it does on the iPad. Its not likely to be a theme. List your tweaks and we'll see if we can identify it.

ReddestDream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely looks like you have an iPhone tweak which is not expecting the springboard to rotate like it does on the iPad. Its not likely to be a theme. List your tweaks and we'll see if we can identify it.

I'm not the OP, but I have the same problem (iPad 3; CDMA; 64Gb; 5.1.1; Jailbroken with Absinthe), and, it would be awesome if you could help me identify the tweak(s) that are (or aren't!) causing my problem:

Packages installed (All packages are the newest versions available and were either free or bought through Cydia (not pirated!); they all work correctly even if they are not all full screen.):

Action Menu
Action Menu Plus Pack
Activator
Adblocker
AnyAttach
AppList
AppUpateNotifier
APR (/usr/lib)
APT 0.6 Transitional
APT 0.7 (apt-key)
APT 0.7 HTTPS Method
APT 0.7 Strict
APT 0.7 Strict (lib)
AsKToSend
Base Structure
basic-cmds
Berkeley DB
BigBoss Icon Set
Bourne Again Shell
BTStack
bzip2
CDevReporter
Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing (from the CocoaNuts Beta Packages repo; I paid for the non-beta version)
ContactPrivacy
Core Utilities
Core Utilities (/bin)
Curiosa
cURL
Cydia Installer
Cydia Translations
Darwin CC Tools
Darwin Tools
Debian Packager
Debian Utilities
Diff Utilities
diskdev-cmds
Erica Utilities
ExchangePolicyCleaner
f.lux (0.982; from the flux.herf.org repo)
file-cmds
Find Utilities
Gawk
GBC.emu
Giffy
GNU Privacy Guard
gpSPhone
Gremlin (From CocoaNuts Beta Packages; Works as expected)
grep
gzip
iFile
iFile Documentation (en)
iMasterGear
libstatusbar
libzip
Link Identity Editor
LongSlide for iPad
LZMA Utils
MarkthatMessage
MD.emu
Mobile Substrate
NCSettings
NES.emu
Network-cmds
New Curses
NGP.emu
NoKeyboardSpotlight
node
Notificator
Open in ProTube
OpenSSH
OpenSSL
PAM (Apple)
PAM Modules
pcre
PkgBackup
PreferenceLoader
Profile Directory
ProTube HD
Pull To Dismiss
Quasar (Deactivated; I'm waiting for updates to make it less buggy!)
readline
ReceiveAny
ResetAllKiller
Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether
Safari Download Enabler
Safari Upload Enabler
sandcastle
ScreenDimmer
sed
SendAny
shell-cmds
SNES Ex
Software Update Killer
SplitMail
SpringBoardAccess
SSH Connect
statusbarcustomclock4
Substrate Safe Mode
SwipeSelection
system-cmds
Tab+
Tape Archive
TruPrint
UIKit Tools
unrar
unzip
User Agent Faker
UUID Generator
WeeLoader
Wifi Booster
WiFiFoFum
xCon
xCon Alias
zip
3G Unrestrictor 5
7-zip (POSIX)
2600.emu

Known to not cause the problem (Will be updated as I try more):

StatusBarCustomClock4
AskToSend
LongSlide for iPad
MarkThatMessage
NoKeyboardSpotlight
Pull To Dismiss
Quasar

Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated! ^_^

Last edited:
OP
thengoboy

thengoboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I still need help please if possible (sorry for posting in multiple threads wasn't sure which Thread category I was meant to post to for my problem).
Here is my complete list of installed Cydia tweaks and next to them is the Repo I installed from. I can only use my iPad2 5.1.1 (Absinthe2.1) successfully in safe mode otherwise it does the above mentioned faulty springboard action whilst on its side. After going through typing the list there is a few I'm not sure about but don't want to uninstall without advice as I'm not sure which ones are required to run properly. Any help will be extremely appreciated. Thank you

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. Removed a huge list of pirated software.

Attachments

• image-2266404242.jpg
    image-2266404242.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since almost all of your tweaks are stolen you won't be getting any help from us here thengoboy. You really MUST read our rules before you post again.

Reminder - Rule 15
Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.
Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPadForums.net neither supports or condones it in any way. Jailbreaking and hacking is not an excuse to steal or pirate software!
Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning which may lead to a ban.
Please review all our forum rules here

We don't provide assistance to anyone who does not pay for their apps or tweaks. That is NOT what jailbreaking is about.

sammysalim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i ve got a solution for ur prob dude!!
just enter the safe mode and then restart the device.
you can do that from the sb settings toggle that slides from above.......tab on power and then choose safe mode.....then exit from safe mode.
Done. ^_^

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Old post in which the OP discussed piracy. Since we don't help pirates - ever! - this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts