What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play music with one click

MrPaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an old ipad2 that I would like to set up for a 91 year old lady. She has Alzheimer's and is not able to do anything like online search or log in. Since music is good for this person, I would like to set up my ipad so she can just turn it on and push one button in order to play YouTube music. I have tried a few apps, but they all require log in or a complicated (for her) search. Is there an easy app or some other way to accomplish this?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can’t think of any way to accomplish this on an iPad 2. There are ways to accomplish instant music on iPads that can operate a more modern versiom of iOS, but iOS 5 has few shortcut or other features that would help with this.

iOS 5 does have the abilty to creat shortcut icons to web sites; so if you can find a web site that provides what you want, and it’s compatible with the older version of Safari, that might work. It’s similar to creating bookmarks. If I remember right it’s called somethng like “Create Home Screen Shortcut”.

You are unlikely to find anything that would work with YouTube, but there are other music services; often with free tiers.

Good luck.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an old ipad2 that I would like to set up for a 91 year old lady. She has Alzheimer's and is not able to do anything like online search or log in. Since music is good for this person, I would like to set up my ipad so she can just turn it on and push one button in order to play YouTube music. I have tried a few apps, but they all require log in or a complicated (for her) search. Is there an easy app or some other way to accomplish this?

Hi MrPaul - agree w/ TP that the iPad 2 is an outdated iDevice (I had one for 3 years - the model came out in 2011) and likely will not serve your desired needs. Also, you need to provide some more information since the lady is unlikely able to operate a device that even requires a few simple steps: 1) Does she have a care giver (in a home, nursing facility, or other); and 2) Does she have Wi-Fi available? If a care giver is present, then that person may be able to activate whatever solution is chosen, and if Wi-Fi is also an option then there are a number of online services that may be a consideration?

Without going into a number of suggestions since I do not know the answers to the questions asked above - there are a number of Wi-Fi available services that can provide a LOT of varied music - just to mention a few that I use: 1) Pandora; and 2) Spotify - Pandora is free or paid and allows stations of interest to be setup (pic below of a portion of my stations - have about 3 dozen at the moment) - I can play the station on my Roku device or plug my iPad into my stereo receiver and play from my iPad (could also use BT speakers); Spotify is another similar music option - I'm on my son's subscription but TONS of music can be played. Of course, these would need 'someone' to initiate a device and setup/select the music to be played but can provide HOURS of music - good luck and please provide further information as to my questions above. Dave :)
IMG_4019.PNG

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is even possible one click music. I think if someone could load a iPod it might be a better option but it’s not YouTube.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is even possible one click music. I think if someone could load a iPod it might be a better option but it’s not YouTube.
An iPod can't do one click music; even an iPod classic.

Most reactions

Latest posts