What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery app present on Ipad desktop, but can't find it or sync it

CamG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for any thoughts.
My wife installed an app on her work ipad, Brightstart, which my 7 month old absolutely loves. She is leaving her position and wants to transfer it to our personal ipad. The app is no longer available from the U.S. app store, and I can't find it listed under purchased apps, nor under the apps in the control panel. My wife has tried logging in to our personal ipad under both her work and personal apple ids, but still not dice. I'm a apple newbie--how do I get this from one ipad to another? Thanks!

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if it's removed from the U.S. App Store then I think it will be removed in your Purchased Apps.

OP
C

CamG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if it's removed from the U.S. App Store then I think it will be removed in your Purchased Apps.

We can, of course, still use it on the original Ipad, and I think it was a free app at the time, if that makes any difference. So do you think there is no way to transfer it?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I might know one way. Using iFunbox or iExplorer or anything that can view your file storage from your PC or Laptop.
I don't know of this works, open iFunbox and go to the User Applications Folder and right click it, it should have an option to copy the file or something like save the file package or something like that (quite unsure). And make sure that the other iPad is logged on the App Store with the same Apple ID that was used to download that file, and just install it there.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you purchased an app, it will always be available on any device for which it was intended.

The devices must share the AppleID originally used to download the app. I'm assuming you backup to iTunes.

Go to iTunes on your PC, select your device on the left side of the screen and click on the APPS tab. You should see the app in the list of available apps. Select it, and click APPLY and it will be transferred to your iDevice.

I snagged VLC while it was still available, and installed it on new devices long after it was withdrawn.

If this doesn't address your question fully, feel free to get back to us.

Most reactions

Latest posts