What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giving used iPad 3 to relative who wants to keep MY synced music, can she?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwilkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have erased all personal info and just synced family photos and 370 songs from my Macbook iTunes library. My apple ID is still on it, I think. Can my cousin switch it to her Apple ID to continue to purchase apps and music and use FaceTime with HER email without deleting my music and photos? Is that stated clearly? ;) She doesn't have a laptop to sync with, so she has no content backup on iTunes. Can 2 Apple ID's be on one iPad? LOTS of confusion here...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is illegal to share purchased music with another user in such a way that both users can use the music at the same time. You can hand her your iPad and she can listen to it that way. But you cannot give her your iPad and let her keep music on it that she has not purchased the rights to use while you keep the same music in your possession. This is stealing. Your best option is the simply wipe the iPad clean and let her set it up under her own Apple ID. There are many ways you can transfer those photos. You can use Dropbox, or photostream sharing, or you can use an app known as Transfer. If you use transfer then you both need to have the app on both iPad.

We do not condone or allow the discussion of illegal sharing of music or apps here. This thread will now be closed. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions