What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence

Cut out a notch in the NuShield with scissors to create a home button hole....turned out surprisingly well so I'll be sticking with this. My final evaluation vs. Boxwave:

Antiglare/Antireflection: NuShield > Boxwave
Optical quality: NuShield > Boxwave
Text readability: NuShield > Boxwave
Fingerprints/cleanability: Boxwave > NuShield
Installation: NuShield = Boxwave

I was going to suggest that you cut a semicircle hole in the NuShield to relieve your button finger stress. By the way, you should take your iPad outside and try it out wearing polarized sunglasses. You will only see the screen when using the NuShield.:)

As a thanks, we would like to offer all of you a 10% discount if you make a purchase at our website. Write BLG10 into the promotion code area when checking out. The code is case sensitive. Also, strongly recommend that you buy the Klear Screen cleaner for $1.99. It goes a long way to clean the screen properly before installation.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got to be careful because the button is close to the edge of the screen. Not much margin for error. Another alternative is to use a paper cutter and cut straight across just above the hole. The csr I talked to said that if they see enough demand they'll create a die to accommodate the home button.

Some other tips to install these things.....compressed air comes in handy to clear dust particles. Clear tape is very necessary to pick up particles under the shield. Wood toothpicks are useful to pull up the edge of the shield after it is set down on the glass. Alternatively, you can use a piece of tape stuck to the edge of the top surface. If you use the NuShield I think an LCD cleaner/microfiber cloth is needed cause if you use no solution you'll just smudge the mess around the screen. Eyeglass towels work well to.

Last edited:

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the idea, but after 3 years unprotected and case-less, my iPhone has held up beautifully.
I'll pick up a case for the iPad, but more to serve as an easel/typing wedge than for protection.

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got the Zapp and installed it two days ago. I still have a few bubbles but that is probably my fault. With toddlers constantly trying to touch my iPad a few bubbles is well worth the protection. I'm waiting on my iStyles skin to protect the back.These are great and very eye-catching. If you decide to purchase the Zapp just be sure to take your time. My daughter will install the iStyles skin for me.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had the Zagg installed last night and so far so good. It does dramatically reduce the fingerprints which was a big issue to me. I also like the way it feels (used to it from my Storm 2). I had it installed by the person at the Zagg kiosk in the mall. No bubbles in the screen area but a few small ones on the sides. The installer said they would go away.

I took it outside and with brightness turned up all the way it is usable in direct sunlight. I will have to have my coworker go outside with me and see how it compare to his naked screen. I'll report back.

Anyway, with my 3yr old thinking the iPad is her toy I am glad to have the extra protection and finger print reduction of the Zagg.

-Greg

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get it... the screen on all iPads, iPhones and iPod touches are scratch proof. Even the employees at the apple store will tell you that. You can take a key to the screen and you won't see a scratch. If you're brave enough, take a key and rub it at the edge of your screen as hard as you can. If there's a scratch, I'll buy you a new ipad. I don't understand why people waste money on these screen protectors. It's not like your cell phone. The screen on these devices are 100% scratch proof.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't get it... the screen on all iPads, iPhones and iPod touches are scratch proof. Even the employees at the apple store will tell you that. You can take a key to the screen and you won't see a scratch. If you're brave enough, take a key and rub it at the edge of your screen as hard as you can. If there's a scratch, I'll buy you a new ipad. I don't understand why people waste money on these screen protectors. It's not like your cell phone. The screen on these devices are 100% scratch proof.

I don't get why people keep thinking that the only reason to put a screen protector on is to prevent scratches. For me the biggest feature is so I am no longer carrying around a finger print magnet. Some may not mind but to me it just looks trashy all covered with greasy fingerprints and smudges and constantly rubbing a rag over the screen is just a pain. The Zagg virtually eliminates this problem. Add the drool of my 3yr old to the mix and can start to get an idea of why the screen protector is useful. Also, i'm hoping - but have not proven yet - that it will help with outside viewing.

-Greg

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't get why people keep thinking that the only reason to put a screen protector on is to prevent scratches. For me the biggest feature is so I am no longer carrying around a finger print magnet. Some may not mind but to me it just looks trashy all covered with greasy fingerprints and smudges and constantly rubbing a rag over the screen is just a pain. The Zagg virtually eliminates this problem. Add the drool of my 3yr old to the mix and can start to get an idea of why the screen protector is useful. Also, i'm hoping - but have not proven yet - that it will help with outside viewing.

-Greg

You know what I didn't even think of that:confused:... In that case I may have to grab one too...lol.:D

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me I hate the glare. The shield I use is actually something of a fingerprint magnet but the optical clarity is fantastic. I do not enjoy using the ipad at all without some sort of antiglare/antireflection fix. Everyone has their own reasons.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DantheMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the front and back zagg protection on Amazon for $18.00. This is why:

"iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe the iPad screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen."

You can find this on page 26 of the ipad user manual, the user manual can be downloaded here: Apple - Support - Manuals ; or simply go to bookmarks in safari on your ipad and find it there.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. . .
5. Lightly squeegee put any extra air bubbles. Now, you can either rest your iPad or flip the it over and repeat these steps for the back.
6. What I did with the back sheet is cut tiny slits in each corner to compensate for the curvature of the iPad’s corners. This is what I did with my MacBook invisibleSHIELD install. Just my preference. Prevents ‘raising’ in the corners.
The soft material conforms really well without slits. I am loving it.

BUBBLES ---
I want to let people know not to panic with small bubbles left the under the film.

Even after I had been as careful as I could be, and rubbing a lot to get rid of them, I still had about 20 small bubbles.
It looked like this:
bubblesNeg.jpg

I used a paint program to make this image to document where they all were.
(the relative size of the bubbles is about correct)
I was planning to slowly work them all out to the edge if I could.

I did work on them and they were moving... but very slowly.
One or two, I could only tell they had moved because I had this picture mapping where they had been. I put it off to work more on later.

Here is the thing...
5 or 6 days later, I was reading news on the iPad, when it struck me ....
The bubbles were gone!

The instructions mentioned that, but I hadn't believed it. They had been there for several days. They really were all completely gone, with no trace.

So do not put in hours of work trying to squeegee out all the bubbles.
They do go away on their own.

Big bubbles, yeah . . . but don't worry about the small ones.

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Zagg invisible shield cost $35. And I think that is such a reasonable price. I understand how you love your iPad so much that you wish to protect it from scratches and ugly fingerprints. Well, you got a solution. You just have to buy it.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
They have a stand at my local mall where they install Ghost Armor on electronics (basicly the same as InvisableShield).

Its great, they did the full body cover, no worry about scratchs any more. Its got a live time warranty so they will replace it if it ever peals or comes off the ipad. I had an invisableshield on my iphone so i know how well they protect.

Most reactions

Latest posts