What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick tip for all these urethane based screen protectors (Invisible shield, Bodyguardz, BSE, Clear Coat, etc...) to get rid of the tackiness, put a couple coats of liquid car wax on it.

Makes for a buttery, yet non greasy surface.

I use Ice.

Also, don't be afraid to use plenty of that fluid they provide when installing it.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Zagg Invisible shield coming in the mail soon. I only ordered the back film since I have Power Support Anti-Glare for the front.

Robotguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to weigh in with my $.02: My Zagg is on order. I have one on my iPod Touch and whether or not the screen needs protection from scratches, I really like the difference in feel and the major reduction in fingerprints. I feel a little sick every time I see my iPad with ugly smudges all over it, looking like it was last used by a 3 year old who had been eating fried chicken.

I used to constantly demonstrate the Zagg to people by trying to scratch it with a fork, like they do in the YouTube videos. Unfortunately, the last(!) time I tried this, there was a small burr on the tine of the fork that caught the Zagg. While it didn't actually tear it, it did pull it up away from the screen and leave it stretched and distorted. Whoops! I had another waiting to be installed on my daughter's iTouch but she said she didn't really want it, so I installed it on mine. Hmmm, still need to remember to send the damaged one back for replacement...

I'll update with my installation experience when it shows up (it was back ordered on Amazon).

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
I don't think anyone has mentioned Power Support. I just ordered their anti-glare screen protector that's supposed to be good for diminishing fingerprints also. I can live with a fair amount of glare and reflection but the fingerprints issue is tiring to deal with.

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I installed a zagg full body just for the heck. It looks really good and installation was not that difficult. I have had it for less than 24 hrs but I noticed a slight orange peel effect if you look at it from an extreme angle. Can anyone confirm that this will eventually go away?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW - I got an email from Zagg saying all the products will be half price on Monday only.

I had their invisible shield for my Omnia and really liked it. The only downside was slightly more drag on your finger when sliding it across the screen. Sometimes my finger would hop a little when sliding.

I know the iPad screen is very hard and scratch-resistant, but they are certainly not "scratch-proof". You google "iphone scratches" or similar and find lots of pics of iphones with scratched screens.

Anyway, a heads-up for anyone thinking about buying one - get it Monday. (Its a holiday here in the US)

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed a zagg full body just for the heck. It looks really good and installation was not that difficult. I have had it for less than 24 hrs but I noticed a slight orange peel effect if you look at it from an extreme angle. Can anyone confirm that this will eventually go away?

I've got one on my droid and I know what you mean. No. But it is very slight to my eyes and doesn't bother me. And like you said you see it at sharp angles. Perhaps the effect will lessen as it dries out.

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ve got the shield on the back of my iPad, and was uneasy about doing the screen,
I did give it a go and looked terrible, so whipped it off,

Having it on the back gives it alittle more grip, and takes the worry about scratching when popping it on the table for example.

Having said it that my iPad is being replaced on Tuesday so I guess my shield will be going with it ha ha!

I ll get another one if my new iPad doesn't give me any grief!

Phantom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.branwenconcepts.com
I Use The Complete Zagg Body Protection With No Problems. I find That The Screen Does Not Get As Streaky When I Was Not Using A Screen Protector. I Am Pretty Happy With The Results. I Also Use a New Technology Leather Snap On Bottom Protector When I am Out And About.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ve got the shield on the back of my iPad, and was uneasy about doing the screen,

Having it on the back gives it alittle more grip, and takes the worry about scratching when popping it on the table for example.

Having said it that my iPad is being replaced on Tuesday so I guess my shield will be going with it ha ha!

Why not get the apple case which acts like a book cover in back.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Send an email to ZAGG and show them the replacement information. Maybe the send you a replacment for free because of "warrenty".

I would give it a try.

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Why not get the apple case which acts like a book cover in back.

I like the naked look,

And I m not a big fan of the apple case, think it looks cheap.....

And from what I ve heard after abit of use it doesn't wear well either!

Each to their own at the end of the day!

J

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I sent a groveling email to Zagg,

Can't hurt can it!.

See if I get any response at all!

J.

Last edited:

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My case is wearing well.....not wearing at all actually and I've had it since release. In any case :) the Zagg is a good choice for the back since it is slightly tacky.

Most reactions

Latest posts