What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Colsgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered this last night as I can't find it in-stock anywhere locally and I didn't want to join a wait-list. I got it for $20 + $7 shipping to Canada for the fully body protection. Thanks to the poster who said they would be half price on Memorial Day :)

TARDIS Tara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
wittylittleknitter.com
I've installed two Zagg InvisibleShields on two iPads (screen only) and two Zagg InvisibleShields on two iPhones.

If you can find a mall kiosk to do this for you DO EET!

They're a pain to put on, but boy howdy, they wear like iron.

I wouldn't have a touch screen without some sort of protection on it. All it takes is one loose toddler with a Sharpie. Or a fork.

So much cheaper than a replacement screen.

adamh10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Invisible Shield for iPad was 100x easier to install than on iPhone. Basically two flat sheets!

Picked one up from my local Best Buy earlier this week - they had lots and on sale for $20 full body.

Jimbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update,

Seems zagg are v kindly going to replace my shield, had a nice chat with a representative and it should be dispatched soon!

Well done that man for suggesting the warranty (which I knew nothing about)

J

David Frisby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put mine on two days ago. It wasn't to hard and it is awesome! Watch the install video on YouTube first. Use lots of extra spray. Do the back first so you can get a little practice first! Use a towel to soak up the goop quickly. Don't get your iPad too wet. I bougt mine onamazon for $25 shipped and I wouldn't use the iPad without it. Looks awesome. The hardest park ist getting all the lent in the air to stay off the screen between the time you clean it with a blowdryer till you put the protector on... Almost need a clean room

Action

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not enough spray

Make sure you have enough spray in your bottle before you begin!

I got only 3-4 sprays worth and the bottle was empty before the first side was even wet enough. Without enough spray on the tasky side when you place it down you cannot move it around at all!!

My bottle was practically empty when I opened my package but I didn't think anything about it being a first time user. I thought they just came with the bottom only 1/8 filled. With out enough spray on both sides of the protector you are out of luck! I'm returning my product to best buy in hopes to get another one with enough spray.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How big was your bottle? I bought the front only kit and my spray bottle is ~1.5 inch in diameter x ~3 inches tall (vs the bottle of the iPhone/Touch versions which is ~0.5 inch in diameter x 4 inches tall). The iPad bottle was more than 3/4 full to begin with. I used way less than half of the liquid.

You only got 3 or 4 squirts of the spray liquid with your kit? Odd...

ChiefGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a zagg invisible shield on the front and a zagg custom skin on the back of one of my ipads. They are very protective and do not degrade touch input at all (at least that I can tell). I have had them on iPhones, macs, and I love em.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you have enough spray in your bottle before you begin!

I got only 3-4 sprays worth and the bottle was empty before the first side was even wet enough. Without enough spray on the tasky side when you place it down you cannot move it around at all!!

My bottle was practically empty when I opened my package but I didn't think anything about it being a first time user. I thought they just came with the bottom only 1/8 filled. With out enough spray on both sides of the protector you are out of luck! I'm returning my product to best buy in hopes to get another one with enough spray.

RTFM error! Please read the instructions more carefully!

It clearly is written in the instructions, that even IF there is not enough fluid in the bottle, just fill it up with plain water. The chemical inside will be enough for applying the product.

Kaelon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nightmare to install

Hey guys,

Just thought that I would add in my two cents regarding the Zagg InvisibleShield (front). In short, installation was a nightmare. I spent over 45 minutes -- after having read the manual, watched a couple of YouTube instructional videos, and ensured that my entire working area was dust-free, clean, and ready -- trying to get the little piece of tacky film on my iPad. I sprayed my fingers, sprayed both sides of the protector film, and then proceeded to attempt to get the film on the screen. Despite being slippery, it stuck quickly and stretched unnaturally ("military-grade", my foot!), and after ten minutes of fiddling with trying to position and slide it properly, it folded in upon itself and became useless. I spent the rest of the time trying to get it unfolded and repositioned. After a frustrating session, I called it quits and tossed the film.

It's so unforgiving that I cannot honestly see how Zagg expects the typical consumer to install this themselves. I consider myself very dexterous (I'm a pianist, for example, and this finger-work was far more ridiculous than anything I have ever dealt with). I am considering having Best Buy or a Kiosk install the product, but I really have to know if you guys think it's worth it, or, if there's a screen for front protection that will do the trick without giving me a coronary.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stretched unnaturally? You don't stretch the product to install it. You just lay it down on the device. Imagine a sheet of tissue paper soaked with liquid glue. You hold it up by two corners, and gently lower it down, align the two other corners onto the device, the gently let those two corners touch the device, then continue to lay/roll the film down along the screen.

If you notice it's misaligned or you accidentally got a big bubble forming, you pull it up the way you laid it down, and start over. With the liquid, there should not be any unnatural stretching to lift it up again.

Sorry you had trouble installing it.

Reaction score
I have never been a fan of cases for my electronics. The iPad and iPhone are some of the greatest products out there because of the functionality they provide in such a thin and lightweight package. I don't like to bulk up the device with big cases. I figure I'll try out the zagg because it may just preserve the iPad in its original form and provide some additional protection.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My opinion, which is decried by nearly everyone who hears of it, states that iPad screen protectors are of dubious value.

Most reactions