What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

tactK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short answer, no. Long answer yes, but you have to put the smart cover on the back of the Ipad while it's docked in the case. Since I got this thing, I just stopped using the smart cover.

Kind of ironic that I got the smart cover after my keyboard case cause it was a little cumbersome to pry open and dock my iPad in a crowded lecture hall. Don't get me wrong though! It is extremely useful where space isn't limited.

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tactK said:
Kind of ironic that I got the smart cover after my keyboard case cause it was a little cumbersome to pry open and dock my iPad in a crowded lecture hall. Don't get me wrong though! It is extremely useful where space isn't limited.

I think I may look for a case that will hold the iPad/ cover and a keyboard/dock together.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Short answer, no. Long answer yes, but you have to put the smart cover on the back of the Ipad while it's docked in the case. Since I got this thing, I just stopped using the smart cover.

Yeah, I'm using the orange shower curtain right now. I switch back and forth between the two depending on where I'm going, now.

ejcethan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So... I should buy one now?
I would have rather you had tell me it's horrible.

:p

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really wish I had got one of these instead of the clam case :( Big let down and I am stuck with it because I hacked a hole so that I could charge or sync while it was in case.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been away for awhile back to write my review of the keyboard.

The good

• Feel is far superior to rubberized keys
  • Touch-typing is pretty easy after a brief learning curve
  • iOS specific buttons at top are good once you learn to use them
  • Case aspect is AWESOME. With my little clear 'feet' at the bottom, I feel very protected.
  • Magnetic sleeping like smart cover. I don't turn off either the iPad2 or the keyboard.
  • Pairing is rock solid with no problems
  • Stand is excellent. Can sit on my lap or withstand shocks without worry the iPad will fly across the room.

The bad

• The sleep key is next to the delete key and my big fingers turn off the screen sometimes
  • Of course, we'd prefer a different arrow key arrangement, but not at the expense of the large delete key.
  • My Gelaskin doesn't quite fit without being peeled up when I 'close' the case. Of course, Zagg's own skins probably work fine.

tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ZAGG great to have a user here from Zagg:) I don't know if you will answer my replay since your replay is quite old but I hope so. Any replay from others are welcome too lol
I like the idea of a ultra thin and light protective case with build in Bluetooth keyboard and I know the Brand name Logitech is a good one and when they get Zagg on board this means it must be something good. I do not have the Zaggmate keyboard case but need to get something like that. But here are all my concerns and negative points

- Having 2 lose parts and both made of metal is not always save to handle.
- The lock and feel might appear like working out of a corn beef can.
- I purchased an iPad 2 because I want use it everywhere in my home not just sitting or on a desks, my concern is the slippery iPad when used without the Zaggmate.

Reaction score
I have to send mine back I only got to use it for one day it never charged the plug in is broke!! I'm not happy!

I didn't charge mine out of the box for over 3 weeks and even then it wasn't flashing that it needed a charge. Maybe that's a little consolation that you should be able to use it anyway?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Reaction score
@ZAGG great to have a user here from Zagg:) I don't know if you will answer my replay since your replay is quite old but I hope so. Any replay from others are welcome too lol
I like the idea of a ultra thin and light protective case with build in Bluetooth keyboard and I know the Brand name Logitech is a good one and when they get Zagg on board this means it must be something good. I do not have the Zaggmate keyboard case but need to get something like that. But here are all my concerns and negative points

- I purchased an iPad 2 because I want use it everywhere in my home not just sitting or on a desks, my concern is the slippery iPad when used without the Zaggmate.

The Zagg mate is more grippy than the Ipad back. I carry mine case out and it has plenty of grip.
As far as corned beef , that's a personal decision but it's a good looking can of corned beef, same color to the tee as the Ipad

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The two parts is one of my favorite features of the ZAGGmate. I love that the keyboard is there when I want it and not when I don't. When I just want to read a book, I like that I don't have to hold some other bulky attachment.

The look of the edges is deceptive. I've heard people say they are worried about the sides, but it is not a complaint we get from actual users. My hands don't touch the sides at all.

If you are concerned about slippery, or scratches for that matter, I strongly suggest the invisibleSHIELD. I know this sounds self-serving, but I've been using ZAGG invisibleSHIELDs much longer than I've been working here. I love the grip they give when carrying my devices and I also hate scratches. Another very popular and attractive look are the leatherSKINS for the iPad. These also gives the same benefits of the invisibleSHIELD while adding a bit more style.

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To ZAGG:

Dear David,

Is it possible to tell me what shipping method was used instead from "royal mail airsure" for my occasion (it was finally shipped from US, instead of Ireland) and what is the "reference" delivery times for this method for eastern europe countries like Greece?

Thanks,
Michael

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know off the top of my head. I'll email you and get some info from you and see what I can find out.

laverydj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Change the keyboard currency setting

Been searching lots of sites but not getting very far, love my Zagg mate however I can't figure out how to set the $ key to British Pounds, this is a bit frustrating, there are no doubt many British users of this product?

Most reactions

Latest posts