What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im on the same boat

:confused:
I love my Zaggmate with my iPad 1, with one exception. Every key on the keyboard will repeat if I leave my finger on even for a millisecond. Same for the space key. Is there a way to turn the repeat function off?

I have searched the Logitech site and the manual, but there is no reference to the repeat function.

Any help is greatly appreciated and humbly accepted.

WISH i COULD HELP YOU IM ON THE SAME BOAT..AND IM TIGHT BECAUSE YOU PAY SO MUCH MONEY FOR IT WHEN THEY CANT EVEN PROVIDE A MANUAL..FOR THE COMMAND KEYS..ITS CRAZY IM SELLING MINE**IM BETTER OF WITH THE IPAD2 KEYBOARD ITSELF**

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happen to the user manual for the zaggmate?

not that this helps your situation, but if you check the comments, those issues were with the early ipad 1 model. We haven't had any issues with the new one. There are always random issues that come up when you mass produce as many of these as we have and i'm terribly sorry you received one such item. Please call our customer service department and they'll get you a new one right away. Once again, sorry for the inconvenience.

command keys????which is for what?to do what? I know the arrow keys are useless only work on the notes app...im pissed

BeLLaRosE120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can’t use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll up and down while in the web browser. Pressing these keys has no effect. The keys will scroll in the Notes app though… It would also be nice if you could use the tab key to tab to various web links in a browser window. Nope, no such luck.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I can help fix a problem and clear up any misconceptions about the iPad and Bluetooth keyboards. First, for the user having multiple key presses, restart your iPad. I've only seen this a few times and in each case, rebooting the iPad resolved the problem. To do a full reboot, hold down the home button and power button at the same time. Keep holding them down while you see the slide to turn off indicator show up, then it will turn off, keep holding both down until you finally see the Apple. Then let go. This restarts the iPad and it will fix your issue.

Regarding function keys, please visit ZAGG | Frequently Asked Questions for a complete listing of several useful function keys and ways you can use shift + the arrow keys to select text, etc.

About the arrows causing web pages to scroll, this would be nice, but it is completely out of our control. Apple doesn't allow this. They may change this in a future firmware upgrade, but until then it won't work. This is not an issue with the keyboard but rather the iPad software. If you hook Apple's keyboards to the iPad, they do the same thing. If you hook ours up to a regular computer, pages will scroll just fine. On an Android device, they will scroll. But Safari only recognizes the arrows in text fields. Finally, the tab button will move you between fields on a webpage just like a normal computer and a browser. It won't move between links because Apple doesn't allow it. I hope this helps clarify things.

Bigmopotz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know Zagg monitor this page so maybe they could help me please. as posted yesterday I am (was) pleased with my Logitech Keyboard for ipad 2 untyil this morning. yesterday \i decided to switch off my iPad bluetooth and the keyboard. just trying to conserve a bit of battery power on my pad. this morning i have followed the instrctions to pair and each time I get the same message " Pairing took too long. make sure 'Logitech keybopard case' is turned on, in range and ready to pair" it does not matter how many times I repeat the pairing process or in what order, I still get the same message. Having waited three weeks (UK) with the probability I may have to wait another three weeks for a replacement if this turns out to be a hard fault I am now not very happy. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Help please !!!!!!!

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bigmopotz said:
I know Zagg monitor this page so maybe they could help me please. as posted yesterday I am (was) pleased with my Logitech Keyboard for ipad 2 untyil this morning. yesterday \i decided to switch off my iPad bluetooth and the keyboard. just trying to conserve a bit of battery power on my pad. this morning i have followed the instrctions to pair and each time I get the same message " Pairing took too long. make sure 'Logitech keybopard case' is turned on, in range and ready to pair" it does not matter how many times I repeat the pairing process or in what order, I still get the same message. Having waited three weeks (UK) with the probability I may have to wait another three weeks for a replacement if this turns out to be a hard fault I am now not very happy. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Help please !!!!!!!

I had this problem a few times. Did you turn Bluetooth back on? Reboot your iPad? Reboot the zaggmate? Forget the zaggmate in the list of bluetooth devices and try to pair it fresh? Just a few troubleshooting that might work.

Bigmopotz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! and thanks for the response. I have tried rebooting the iPad and the keyboard, forgetting the device in my bluetooth list and following the pairing process numerous times without any luck. I tried another bluetooth keyboard and that works fine so it must be the Zagg. Also now I find the Red Status LED does not come on when I switch the keyboard on and the Connect button seems to do nothing. I fully charged the keyboard yesterday (blue LED light on and then switched off after 2-3 hours) but this has had no impact whatsover.:mad: As a last resort I am recharging again today, but don't hold out much hope. I have already contacted Zagg customer services to see if they can provide a replacement from Ireland as I dont really want to wait another three weeks for a replacement to UK. It would seem that they do have a good customer service reputation so I am sure the situation will be resolved promptly.:)

Bigmopotz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg,

Sorry! I cannot send a reply to your private message as the forum says I need to have six posts before it will let me. can you do anything from my post to Zagg Customer services on the website?

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm wondering if others are having this issue or is it just me.
I love my new Zaggmate for the ipad2 BUT... I'm having problems with the little caps on the keys. They keep coming off.

After about 2 weeks after getting it, I lost the R cap, it just came off. Took it back to the invisible shield place I bought it from and they exchanged it right away for me.. no problem at all. Well this morning the letter E has just popped off of the keyboard and I am flying to Europe in the morning so not the best of timing here.

I can't understand why the caps keep popping off.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither can I. The keyframe is the same as on the iPad 1 version, so it doesn't make much sense. Genrally, they are easy to put back on if something is not broken, but they shouldn't be coming off in the first place unless something is getting snagged underneath. Have you checked to see if you can pop it back on for use on your trip?

Ayrshire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have tried. It goes on but it won't stay on... just balances on top

Most reactions

Latest posts