What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to send mine back I only got to use it for one day it never charged the plug in is broke!! I'm not happy!

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not happy either. Is it for iPad 1 or 2? Make sure to keep it until the replacement comes. The battery will last a long time and you can keep using it until you get the new one.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG said:
I'm not happy either. Is it for iPad 1 or 2? Make sure to keep it until the replacement comes. The battery will last a long time and you can keep using it until you get the new one.

It never got fully charged so it's not working at all!

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG said:
hmmm. Sorry. Call ZAGG right away and you'll have a new one right away.

thank you I'm on the hone with them now and oos it is still working the lug is still broke though

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, you'll get a new one before it runs out. The battery lasts a really long time. This is no consolation for you, but I'm happy to hear it was for the iPAd 1. We had a batch of those that didn't receive enough solder to hold that piece in place securely. We have fixed the issue on both versions, but there are some still floating around. Sorry again for the hassle, but you won't be without a working one at all.

Last edited:

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ZAGG said:
OK, you'l get a new one before it runs out. The battery lasts a really long time. This is no consolation for you, but I'm happy to hear it was for the iPAd 1. We had a batch of those that didn't receive enough solder to hold that piece in place securely. We have fixed the issue on both versions, but there are some still floating around. Sorry again for the hassle, but you won't be without a working one at all.

thank you I have to call back there system is down so they could not do a warranty replacement order!!

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Loraco said:
thank you I have to call back there system is down so they could not do a warranty replacement order!!

Oh boy and my P docent work!

Rusty Robot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works!

So I'm on my second keyboard now it is just as defective as the first one. Unfortunately this time around I lost the receipt so I can't replace it for a 3rd time...

1. Random keys do not work. Mostly in the top row. QWERTY and UIOP work when they feel like it, which is about 20% of the time.

2. Constantly get double key presses. AA BB CC...

3. Re-pairing the device, restarting bluetooth and resetting the keyboard does nothing to help it. Tried every combination possible.

4. Newest iOS to date.

5. Keyboard at full charge.

6. It takes up to 2 minutes for all the keys to register correctly and a few minutes later they stop working again.

7. Bought first one at one Best Buy, returned and replaced it at another location, so it's not an abused shipment or anything. Some Best Buy stores tend to drop boxes without a care. (I bought a TV 2 years ago that was damaged upon opening it up.)

I own a $100 stand for my iPad. Sigh.

So I received a replacement in 3 days online. Pretty quick response time I might say. The new one works great without a hitch.

Also the one straight from Zagg.com came with a (sorta) manual. The first and second (replacement) I bought at Best Buy didn't have a manual. The first one didn't even have the charging cable. I'm going back to my original belief that Best Buy doesn't always treat their merchandise well, or the customers break things they touch in store. Either way.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is on it's way just my p is not working on it kind of sucks I hope mine only takes three day the girl on the phone said it should be quick because there in Utah and I'm in AZ!

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone post a picture of how an Apple's smart cover works with Zaggmate+ipad2 for the back of the iPad?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone post a picture of how an Apple's smart cover works with Zaggmate+ipad2 for the back of the iPad?

I just got mine today and it works great. Typing on it now. What do you want a picture of? The back of the Ipad inside the case?

ETA: the shower curtain thingy doesn't work with the metal case. It's either or!

mtsant21

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just got mine today and it works great. Typing on it now. What do you want a picture of? The back of the Ipad inside the case?

ETA: the shower curtain thingy doesn't work with the metal case. It's either or!

If it is possible, I want you to post a picture of the zaggmate with the iPad inserted and the smart cover also attached to laid on the back of the iPad..

Most reactions

Latest posts