What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect Web Browser

Protegeone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One more vote for Atomic.
Its great feature is the emulation of other browsers.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm running Perfect, and while I would not call it "Perfect" myself, it's WAY WAY better than the Safari that came with the iPad. It can run in emulation mode of any browser you wish (mobile Safari, Safari iPad, Safari Mac, Firefox 3.6, Internet Explorer 6-8, Opera 10.5, and Google Chrome). It has private browsing mode, and full-screen mode.

The only problem I have with it is that it also does not allow flash to run; which was claimed to be available by one of the reviews on the app page. I guess the guy was thinking javascript when he said flash; but then again JS also is not working properly in Safari or the iPad at the moment either (due to the update that is needed).

I don't know how it compares to the Atomic browser; I have not used both. The best thing about Perfect is that you can have multiple tabs open and the browser keeps them active. It does not have to re-load each page when you switch windows like iOS safari does. I would assume this is the same for Atomic; but don't know.

One problem I have had with Safari and Perfect is that you can't scroll on text boxes within a window because the iOS thinks you want to drag the entire page. Is there a way to lock the scroll on the iPad so you can "drag" like you would with a mouse (left click and then pull)? Sorry if this is a Newb question; but I am a Newb to the iPad having just got it a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From what I read in this thread or in the app store the discription of Atomic seems to indicate it doesn't reload. pages like Safari.

I understand about not being able to scroll in a post on Safari, I've already ran across that a couple of times. If somebody drops their quote below the screen you can't get into the screen properly.

As far as Flash, I'll bet it does have some limited flash. In the Android Market there is a browser that has some flash but didn't work on every site. Flash doesn't really concern me.

Thanks for the feedback. One more question for those of you with Automic. Does it allow scrolling in a window of a post. For example if you were to try and quote me the way I'm going to end this post are you able to do it? I've signed it several lines below this post.

-hook

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand about not being able to scroll in a post on Safari, I've already ran across that a couple of times. If somebody drops their quote below the screen you can't get into the screen properly.

One more question for those of you with Automic. Does it allow scrolling in a window of a post. For example if you were to try and quote me the way I'm going to end this post are you able to do it? I've signed it several lines below this post.

-hook
Scroll with two fingers instead of one (no, not that one!).

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-hook

Bill~

Put two fingers in the box/post and slide them down or up. I think I just helped my sixth person.:D

Love your name, btw. My brother's name is Bill and we call him Billy. I so live that.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I figured it was operator error at first but after so many attempts I was stumped. But that's what happens when you don't read the online tutorials!! This device is so user friendly it makes you feel like there is nothing to learn! :D

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, use two fingers. I could have sworn I tried that because it's common sense. Well, probably that's my issue, lack of common sense.

Anyway guys thanks for the feedback on the other browsers. And the help as well.

MobileSpoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobilespoon.net
I've tried Atomic Web Browser for iPad, it is very powerful, but for some reason I end up coming back to the default Safari browser...

There are a lot of advantages in Atomic Web Browser, but then again, a few issues, mostly because it does not have the privilage to run in the background (which is solved in the new release of iOS for iPad) - maybe then it will be better...

You can read my full review in here: Review: Atomic web Browser for iPad

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I LOVE the newest iCab except it keeps crashing on me! The old iCab didn't do that. So I find I'm using Mercury Browser 90% of the time. It does downloads (the reason I liked iCab) and it doesn't crash on me. Just wish it had a bookmark bar....Perfect & Atomic browsers don't do downloads so I seldom use those 2 anymore.

Iamking

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-hook

Bill~

Put two fingers in the box/post and slide them down or up. I think I just helped my sixth person.:D

Love your name, btw. My brother's name is Bill and we call him Billy. I so live that.
Thanks.

pelinca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By far the best browser is iCab mobile :

- Best integrated tab features
- Addblock
- Easy sinc with firefox/chrome/opera bookmarks
- Stable, hasn't crashed yet
- Slick interface, good looking (compared to the ugly atomic browser :()
- + a ton of features

Right not i just made iCad my default browser using BrowserChanger.
Bye bye safari :)

Last edited:

Most reactions