What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"PDF Converter" App - How to fix?

strutter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using PDF converter app to convert documents downloaded from safari into pdf files. However, some of the text don't appear as the document on MS word (computer). The text goes further down as if there were several spaces between lines.. How do I fix it so the pdf converts properly?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The PDF Converter app is pretty good for quick conversions, however it uses the built in QuickLook ability of the iPad. This is not always an accurate conversion, especially when it converts Word or other Office documents. I don't personally know of any PDF conversion app that works well with Word, but I have not really been looking. One may exist.

The other possibility is to use an Office compatible app to view, tweak if necessary, then export as a PDF.

In another, similar thread, it has been mentioned that QuickOffice is now free, and has a PDF export option.

Apple's Pages app does an excellent job of converting Word documents, and the PDF exporting option is solid. A PDF exported from Pages looks exactly like the document in the editor. Not fee though. Not unless you've purchased one of the new iOS devices announced in the last couple of months.

Most reactions