What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf files in Doc2 App

pilotpierre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded several old (WWI) books converted to PDF files. They ended up in my Doc2 App where they cannot be bookmarked.
How can I transfer them to the Kindle or Books App so I can bookmark them as I read them?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you sync with iTunes on a computer, add the PDF files to the iTunes library on the computer. Then, with the iPad connected and selected in iTunes, set them up to sync in the Books tab, then sync. They will show up in the iBooks app under the PDFs Collection.

If not using a computer, try emailing the books to yourself. When they show up in the Mail app, tap and hold on them for options. Open In iBooks should appear. Unlike the previous method you won't have a backup copy on the computer, so make sure you keep another copy somewhere else, maybe DropBox, just in case.

You can do the same think if you download them in Safari. Tap in the center of the PDF when it finishes downloading and the top right icon (a box and arrow) for the option to Open In iBooks.

I only know two ways to add a PDF book to the Kindle app.

One is to use the File Sharing feature in iTunes on a computer.

The other involves importing the book to your Kindle library on Amazon's site. When you do that it will appear in your Cloud library just like any other Kindle book. I've never used it and don't know the in-outs and cautions; so read up before trying.

Amazon.com Help: Kindle Personal Documents Service

As a side note, both the GoodReader and PDF Expert apps will let you bookmark and much more; but if all you want is a reading app they are probably overkill.

Most reactions

Latest posts