What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

overdrive media console on ipad - reading ebook if not connected to the internet?

spowelltx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded Overdrive Media to my ipad and can read the ebooks that I checked out from my library. However, the only way I seem to be able to get to the ebooks is to go to the Apps Store, click on Overdrive, and then click on my 'purchased' book. This requires being connected to the internet. Is there a way to read my ebooks without being connected to the internet?

My apologies if this has already been addressed.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I open up the Overdrive Media Console app, the app title says OverDrive, and there is a list of the books I have checked out from the library. Do you find the icon on your iPad? If you can't find it easily you can scroll to the left and enter overdrive in the search window. It should list the app.
Greg

OP
S

spowelltx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I found my book and was able to read without being online. Also found the Overdrive icon on my second homepage. I am assuming that each app automatically adds an icon when the app is first downloaded. Is this correct?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! I found my book and was able to read without being online. Also found the Overdrive icon on my second homepage. I am assuming that each app automatically adds an icon when the app is first downloaded. Is this correct?

That is correct. Every time you install an app from the App Store, you will get an icon on your iPad. The App Store/iPad is coded to default to putting the new app on the second page of your iPad, so that's where it will go. However, if the second page is full, the new app/icon will go to the next page that has an open spot (I.e. if page two is full, it'll go to page three; if page three is full, it'll go to page four ... etc.).

You can only download one version of an app at a time, so if it shows as installed on your iPad - it'll be there, somewhere. :)

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
S

spowelltx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Greg and Marilyn! I am an ipad newbie (probably obvious from my questions ;=p

Most reactions