What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overdrive Media Console on iPad 3

pallerton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought a shiny new iPad 3, and am very pleased with its performance so far, except for one thing...
I have been using Overdrive Media Console on my desktop machine for many years, borrowing both audiobooks and epub books from a library - no hassles whatsoever.
I was delighted to find an iPad app for Overdrive Media Console, and installed it on my iPad.
I successfully downloaded my first epub book into Overdrive Media Console, and am happily reading it in the app on my iPad.
BUT... when i try to download another epub book or another audiobook, all I get is a notification "Waiting..." or "Waiting for WiFi..."
My WiFi is on and is working perfectly well for browsing the web, getting emails, etc.
Does anyone know why this should be happening? Is there a limit to the number of books the app will allow to be downloaded at any one time?
Any help appreciated.
(I have not yet finished the first epub book. When I have, I shall return it - perhaps that will allow one of the others that are "waiting" to be downloaded...???)
Paul Allerton

OP
P

pallerton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I seem to have found a solution, at least a temporary one, on the Overdrive help pages at http://help.overdrive.com/article/0...-loading-or-OverDrives-mobile-app-is-crashing

This is what it said:
Troubleshooting OverDrive's mobile app on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)

Make sure OverDrive's mobile app is closed along with any other unnecessary apps.

• Double-click the Home button to open your 'recents list'.
  • Tap and hold the OverDrive icon until it begins to shake.
  • Tap the red circle on the icon to close the app.
  • Tap the red circle on any other unneeded apps.
  • Press the Home button to exit your 'recents list'.
  • Open OverDrive's mobile app and check the 'Bookshelf'. If titles are missing, try downloading them again.

I have followed this procedure, and one of the "waiting" books has now downloaded, while the othger says "Downloading..." I will have to wait and see if it does complete downloading.
    Paul Allerton

OP
P

pallerton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The audiobook that was "downloading" seems to have finally downloaded in its entirety.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pallerton said:
The audiobook that was "downloading" seems to have finally downloaded in its entirety.

Hi pallerton--do glad that you were able to get that resolved. This tip is useful for any app that begins to act a bit funny. Force closing the app seems to help clear out the kinks when there is an issue. Sometimes also-restarting your iPad is also an immediate fix to try if force closing the apps do not help.

Happy reading!

Most reactions

Latest posts