What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ottrbox defender, gumdrop ?!, Griffin ?! or other

crazye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been hunting on here for recs for a good case to fit my needs and think I have it down to 3. I'm limiting myself to Amazon simply because I have a gift card there.

I've read various recs for Griffin but not sure which model you are all referring to. Same with gumdrop. Thus I'm not sure if the cases I'm seeing on Amazon are the ones recommended by all of you.

I have a 2 and 4 year old that get some access to my iPad and I also bring it with me when I babysit so it is in and out of my purse/car quite a bit. Otherwise I only really use my iPad 2 at home. I want something slim but durable and protected all the way around (no gaps at the corners).

Which of these 3 would be best in your opinions? Thank you!

Also if it makes a difference I would like to have something to protect the screen during transport but do already have a screen protector on my screen since the kids do use it. Cuts down a ton on the dirty fingerprints ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Forum Runner

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an Otterbox Defender on my one and think it is great.

Fair enough it adds a bit of bulk, but it covers the whole thing, has a clip on solid front cover for transporting it that also has a built in stand for when watching films etc. and comes with a clear screen protector to stick on too.

Nice and rugged, feels like the iPad will just bounce if I drop it!

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the Griffin Survivor for iPad 2 from Amazon, Griffin told me that the iPad 2 covers are the same for iPad 3rd generation and fits it as well. I also ordered it for protection against my 2 year old. I heard that the Griffin and Gumdrop are really good for that type of protection, I got the Griffin because it comes with a stand. Some people order both Griffin and Gumdrop to test out which one they like better and return the one they don't.

Both Griffin and Gumdrop come with built in screen protectors as well although the Gumdrop screens are replaceable.

Last edited:
OP
C

crazye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Although I now have 1 vote for each ;) I am in no huge hurry as my FitFolio hasn't completely fallen apart yet...

jimmyn15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will defintely go with the otterbox. That thing can stop bullets.

txdawg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crissy said:
Griffin, maybe

I have an otter box, a belkin and a zaggfolio... I have dropped my ipad2 onto a concrete slab while in the zaggfolio and received no damage...of course it includes a keyboard...the otter box is just about bulletproof (grand childproof in my case) and the belkin is much more lightweight...all three are good choices depending on what your needs are

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been hunting on here for recs for a good case to fit my needs and think I have it down to 3. I'm limiting myself to Amazon simply because I have a gift card there.

I've read various recs for Griffin but not sure which model you are all referring to. Same with gumdrop. Thus I'm not sure if the cases I'm seeing on Amazon are the ones recommended by all of you.

I have a 2 and 4 year old that get some access to my iPad and I also bring it with me when I babysit so it is in and out of my purse/car quite a bit. Otherwise I only really use my iPad 2 at home. I want something slim but durable and protected all the way around (no gaps at the corners).

Which of these 3 would be best in your opinions? Thank you!

Also if it makes a difference I would like to have something to protect the screen during transport but do already have a screen protector on my screen since the kids do use it. Cuts down a ton on the dirty fingerprints ;)

Check out otterbox reflex. It's much better than Defender in term of weight style.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions