What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gumdrop Drop Tech Case (sale until 8/07/11)

Phatboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a brand new iPad 2 yesterday and have been looking for a case that can withstand the abuse my toddler son may throw at it. I was researching the Otterbox Defender and the Griffin Survivor case when I came across the Gumdrop Drop Tech case. Based on the various reviews I've read online, it seems that a lot of people have nothing but praise for the Gumdrop case.

Now that I made up my mind on which case to get, I've been searching online for the best deal and found that CostCo is having a special right now where they're selling the Gumdrop Drop Tech case with two (2) extra screen protectors for $44.99 with FREE SHIPPING (you might have to pay tax though depending on where you are). The deal is good only until August 7, 2011.

For comparison:
Amazon is selling the case for $59.95 in red/black and $64.95 in black/black.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/GumDrop-Drop-Tech-Apple-Black/dp/B004TA79MO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312493508&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: GumDrop Drop Tech Series Case for Apple iPad 2, (Red/Black): Electronics[/ame]

Gumdrop is selling the case for $59.95
Drop Tech Series Apple iPad 2 Case | Apple iPad 2 Cases, Skins and Covers | Gumdrop Cases

The replacement screen protectors sell for $15,95 EACH from Gumdrop.
Drop Tech Series iPad 2 Replacement Screen | iPad 2 & 1 Cases | Gumdrop Cases

The bundle from CostCo comes with two (2) extra screen protectors not to mention the $15 difference in price for the case itself. So in total, you're saving $47.

Unfortunately, CostCo only offers the case in two colors: the red/black and black/black
Costco - Gumdrop Drop Series Ultimate Protection for iPad 2

OP
P

Phatboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read great reviews about the Gumdrop case online from people who have compared it to the Otterbox Defender. I personally ordered the black/black case as I was concerned that the red frame would distract from the screen when watching movies on the ipad.

OP
P

Phatboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the black on black.... Love it, great protection.

Do you have it already or you ordered one? I had a question regarding the back plastic cover. Judging from the pics of the different parts of the Gumdrop case I've seen online, it looks like the back piece is just a plastic frame/cover without anything cushioning in between like the Otterbox Defender.

If that's the case, does the back of ipad risk being scratched up from the plastic frame? I was thinking of buying a screen protector for the back part only as the Gumdrop already comes with its own screen protector.

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had mine for 3-4 weeks. It sit in a hard plastic case in the back, no worries on scratches. Then for additional protection, a silicone cover goes over it and connects the front and back. The best part is the screen cover that comes with it. Great protection and does not affect the operation at all...well worth the price.

Most reactions

Latest posts