What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other taking over iPad

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A bit ago, I attached my iPad to my Windows computer and was knocked over by what I saw. "Other" had taken over almost all of my iPad space except for about 6 gb.. I do not know how to get rid of this. Last time I used my iPad was yesterday evening and all went fine. "Other" was only about 4-6 gb.
Does anyone know what to do? I am afraid I have lost all my iPad TV shows, music, etc. I have many TV shows, present and past.
I'm afraid to touch or do anything at this point. I have copies of all of this, except the most recent shows, in the iTunes folder under My Music.
Anything would be helpful.
Thanks
RAM

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A bit ago, I attached my iPad to my Windows computer and was knocked over by what I saw. "Other" had taken over almost all of my iPad space except for about 6 gb.. I do not know how to get rid of this. Last time I used my iPad was yesterday evening and all went fine. "Other" was only about 4-6 gb.
Does anyone know what to do? I am afraid I have lost all my iPad TV shows, music, etc. I have many TV shows, present and past.
I'm afraid to touch or do anything at this point. I have copies of all of this, except the most recent shows, in the iTunes folder under My Music.......

Hi RAM - you really need to clarify your ramblings above - ;). First, are you saying that your 'Other' storage category varies 'wildly' when you check it on your computer? Second, if so, what is the variation in that storage item and how much AV media is currently on your device? Also, let us know what amount of storage you have on the iPad and what is now 'free', i.e. still available?

To better understand the storage capacity and the breakdown of items, check this Apple Support Article - 'Other' is basically everything that does not 'fit' into the other categories (YES, I find that vague, too!). Second, take a look at the attached screen capture of my 64 GB iPad Air 2's storage plugged into my MBPro - would help if you could post a similar image, if you know how (if not, let us know).

BUT, for starters, 'Reset' your iPad (i.e. hold down the ON-OFF & HOME buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, release both and wait for your device to reboot - will not do any harm - if you already know this maneuver, then sorry). Please post back - Dave :)
Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 6.02.29 PM.png

OP
T

toothdoctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman.
Thanks for taking interest in my problem.
I rebooted the Air and all was was well in computerland. ITsolved the prolem..
Thanks Again!!
Ricad

Most reactions