What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with HD mkv/mp4/xvid movies over HDMI adapter!

David Maciel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding a good video player that play all my movies and subtitles on my iPad air via HDMI. I already bought almost all available in store but come not succeeding. Some do not work in full screen, others give coding error in the subtitle, and none of them play movies larger than 5 GB fluently over HDMI. In retina display its okay, plays 90% from my movies, the only problem is over HDMI. Remembering that ALL movies i have tested work nice in an old Samsung Galaxy S3, all in full HD fluently via HDMI adapter. Sorry my por english from Brasil and thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VLC player for iOS works great on iDevices. Or you can choose to convert all the videos into H.264 MP4 that is compatible with both iPad and Galaxy S3.Pavtube iMedia Converter is my ripping software of choice.

mrvv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
VLC STREAMER which is only $1.99 lets you use your wifi network to stream from your PC or Mac to your iPad, even in HD. Do a web search for Hobbyist Software's VLC STREAMER to see if it's suitable for what you want to do. It's well worth a try at such a cheap price (ad supported free version available too) and I no longer bother with adapters as it does everything I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts