What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Other" taking up 7.63 GB??

nufan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When going to load some TV shows on to my iPad I notice there was not enough room (16BG iPad 3). In itunes the "other" category was taking up 7.63 GB of space.
I could not figure out what this was and ended up doing a factory reset. I've disabled photo stream, contacts, etc. basically anything that would sync unneeded info.
After the reset I set up the iPad as a "new" iPad so it wouldn't perform a back up an load all the crap that I tried to delete.
Well...today I went back to load some shows and there is still 7.63 GB of "other" info?
Any Idea what this is or how I can find out what this is, so I can delete it?
I've gone to setting->General->usage and besides not having many items in there, nothing is taking up more than like 715MB

Help? and thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "other" category contains the operating system, stock apps, app data, etc..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
over half my hard drive?

When you restored your iPad to factory conditions and set it up as a new iPad, what did you install in the way of apps? Some apps are data hogs, especially some games and magazine subscriptions. A year of National Geographic would easily use up over 5GB.

OP
N

nufan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i stopped all syncs (photo stream, contacts, etc.) only apps are netflix, pandora, world series of poker, pages and candy crush.
under usage the app that is using the most is pages with 309 MB, next is candy crush at 49.5 MB

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you restored your iPad to factory conditions and set it up as a new iPad, what did you install in the way of apps? Some apps are data hogs, especially some games and magazine subscriptions. A year of National Geographic would easily use up over 5GB.

Facebook app has known issues with storage if you have it delete the app and reinstall it

Most reactions