What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps take over music

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like to listen to music, through a blue-tooth connection, while I sm browsing email and FaceBook.
Often-times, my music will stop when I get to a page, but no video, or anything else, starts, and I have to switch over and restart the music.
This gets really annoying after the first hundred times.
I am no novice, but is this something I have to live with, or is there a way to make the music app the first priority, or at least, to stop other apps from constantly interrupting?

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just been doing exactly as you do, in fact l'm listening to music while writing this all with no problems.
I'm no expert, using iPad Air 2 and basic Bluetooth headphones. Some things to try maybe are your apps up to date, is the software the latest. You could do a reset if you are unsure how to do this let know what product you have.
It's an easy process.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If an app has audio out (videos, games, or even adds with audio), then it will override the Music app pretty much every time. Since Facebook has auto-playing videos, it can do this as well, though it's less predictable.

You can try muting the iPad from the control pannel. This will stop most games, but not media apps from making sounds. The Music app will still work. It probably won't stop Facebook or other media players taking over the audio.

Note: Somewhere in Facebook's settings, on their site, you are supposed to be able to disable auto-play for videos. I'm not sure if it makes a difference for the app.

OP
rdkendrick

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet,
You hit the nail on the head. It is FaceBook, and a few websites on Safari.
I have sounds turned off on my games.
I thoight I had auto-play disabled, but will check, again.

OP
rdkendrick

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Disabled FaceBook auto-play, and that did it. I can work with that.
Thanks guys!

Most reactions

Latest posts