What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordered iPad for Website and Photo Uses...

myvvinyl333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:comingsoon:I just ordered an iPad 64 G wifi w/ 3G for use as a tool to better view my concert photography that I post on my website. I understand that the iPad does no editing (Lightroom), but will display RAW photos. (Any editing softwate in iTunes?)

I would be interested to hear from fellow photographers as to how they are using their iPad or plan to use it?

Thanks,
jorge

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered an iPad 64 G wifi w/ 3G for use as a tool to better view my concert photography that I post on my website. I understand that the iPad does no editing (Lightroom), but will display RAW photos. (Any editing softwate in iTunes?)

I would be interested to hear from fellow photographers as to how they are using their iPad or plan to use it?

Thanks,
jorge

I am a serious amatuer, not a hobbyist. The ipad is great for viewing pictures, showing protfolios, searching the web, etc. There isn't a great app yet for editing but there is a app called filterpro or something like that (I don't have my ipad with me right now) that is really nice. It does quick adjustmetns but enough to get you by. I picked it up for free but they may charge for it now. I can tell you the name later tonight. I haven't used it on RAW's, only ipad optimized photos I synced from itunes. I am hoping for an aperture light or something at some point.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I'm an amateur photographer and will be very interested in photo editing on the iPad as it evolves. I don't work with RAW photos, I tend to just run with 4000x3000 JPGs and edit them using a combination of Photoshop, Picasa and Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Now, the big downside to the iPad is no easy way of getting pictures onto the device without the use of a 30 dollar cable (typical Apple). Hopefully someone will come out with a wireless syncing app of some sort sometime soon, where I can sync photos over Wi-Fi, like Dropbox but local.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
I don't think the small screen and lack of a mouse will allow for any serious photo editing. I use Photoshop on a 22 inch monitor and frequently use every bit blowing up areas for small tweaks. If you're specifically looking for a machine optimized for image editing, the iPad won't be your best choice.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I don't think the small screen and lack of a mouse will allow for any serious photo editing. I use Photoshop on a 22 inch monitor and frequently use every bit blowing up areas for small tweaks. If you're specifically looking for a machine optimized for image editing, the iPad won't be your best choice.

I think that for most amateur photographers the iPad would be a great way to edit their photos. Rotate with multi-touch, pinch and zoom to crop, basic color, contrast and red eye correction, etc. Obviously for professional touch up artists it would be a little over-simplified but for most users it would work just fine.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's actually called filterstorm. It's not a replacement for PS but on the iPad it's pretty impressive. Again I've only used it on small jpegs not daws so not sure how it works on larger files.

dexter123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to use photogene for editing and sorting right on the Ipad. Then using Nero Media to download on the PC and add music.

Does anyone know of a better way to downloading the pictures to the PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts