What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open word file crash?

ericlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'd like to ask does iPad crash when opening a spetific word file?
Everytime when I open the word file(see the url) my iPad will exit the program and jump to home screen automatically, but the word file looks fine in PC and I have tried other programs to open this word file like goodreader,mail,Safari,iworks...and it's all the same...crach

Can someone tell me what happen to my iPad or it's just a bug in iPad?
Thanks.

Word file location:
moodle.ncnu.edu.tw/mod/resource/view.php?id=118311

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I couldn't get it to open. There are probably 5000 people downloading it right now since you posted the link.

I do have sometimes trouble, but I use both Goodreader and DocsToGo, and one of them usually works for .DOCs

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I scanned it for viruses on my laptop because it crashed all three methods that I have to view .doc files including GoodReader, Docs To Go and the default Apple viewer.

Seems clean, but could it be corrupt?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WITH, that is just a bunch of long-hand math scribbles scanned, copied and pasted into a document. Why would someone save that as a .DOC?

I guess it wasn't even made in Word originally, but OpenOffice, and there are some compatibility problems. Can you confirm?

IMO, that teacher is probably a math genius, but a total PC noob - that should have been PDF format anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The bottom line is if you are having trouble opening it on a pc then there is no way you will open it on the iPad regardless what app you use go to plan B Dump it or get a new copy.

Cheers col

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, it opens ok on the PC (for me anyway) and it really crashes every word-reading possibility that I have on the iPad.

I guess only the OP can help to figure it out if it is important.

OP
E

ericlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WITH, that is just a bunch of long-hand math scribbles scanned, copied and pasted into a document. Why would someone save that as a .DOC?

I guess it wasn't even made in Word originally, but OpenOffice, and there are some compatibility problems. Can you confirm?

IMO, that teacher is probably a math genius, but a total PC noob - that should have been PDF format anyhow.

Yes, it's just a lot of hand-writting math solutions scanned into a word file,but I'm not sure whether the teacher used Microsoft office or not. (although I don't think that my teacher used OpenOffice, because our school has already offered licensed Office to every teacher and student).

But is it possible just because the file (or the picture in the word) is too large for iPad?

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ericlin said:
... (or the picture in the word) is too large for iPad?
That's what I'm thinking too, I dont actually use Word at home or I would throw something together to test the theory.

Most reactions

Latest posts