What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Reader .MP4 files won't open in AVPlayer HD... why?

vagabond5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.

I have Good Reader set up just how I want it... with quite a few .MP4 videos in some folders for convenience's sake.

However, here's the problem.

When I click on the .MP4 video, I want it to automatically open in AVPlayerHD and not QuickTime or whatever the default player is... because with AVPlayerHD... I can control the speed.

Here's what I tried to do:

1) I placed the .MP4 file in a folder in Good Reader
2) I selected "Manage Files"
3) I selected the .MP4 video (it has a blue "Q" and the word "movie" below it and is labeled as an .MP4 file)
4) I selected "... Open In..."
5) I selected "AVPlayerHD"

After doing all this, I thought that when I selected the video, it would automatically open in AVPlayerHD and there would be no problem.

However, even after selected "Open In AVPlayer HD" the video still opens with Good Reader's default video player.

Any idea why this is happening... and what I can do to solve this?

For the record, I have an iPad 1.

Any help or advice appreciated!

OP
V

vagabond5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh... one more thing.

If I have the .MP4 video in both GoodReader AND AVPlayerHD, that seems like a waste of "drive" space.

I'd prefer to have just one file that I can keep in GoodReader and watch automatically in AVPlayerHD when I select it.

This way, I won't have duplicate files of all the videos I've got in GoodReader also in AVPlayerHD.

Hope this makes sense.

:)

Most reactions

Latest posts