What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One thing that Android does MUCH better than Apple

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my ipads but i hate the iTunes store. Any developer can take you for a run by putting out a crap app. In the android market you have 24 hours to return a crap app for a full refund (first time only) whereas here you get screwed.

I bought the iBearMoney iPad app for ten bucks based on the awesome reviews for the iPhone and the so far good reviews for the iPad.

Well it does nothing but crash.

Another example...UNO for the iPad....you can't even play the game because oftentimes it Will not let you select the card (a known bug) ....no updates since day one when i bought it, the developer doesn't return emails, and the game is unplayable.

And what is the recourse? Nothing. The developer doesn't have to fix the UNO game because they already have your money and there is no recourse for a bug filled app.

If you make returns allowed for the first 24 hours, then if the developers want to not only get but keep your money, they have to build q quality app.

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree completely. One thing I noticed is that an app can have great reviews with a 4 star rating and I still may not like it or find that it doesn't suit my purposes. I recently purchased Iron Man 2 for $9.99 and beat it with about 3 hours of casual game play. What a rip off. Also, I've been looking for a good to-do app. I've had to purchase a handful of them to try them out and most are crap. What a waste.

OUiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crap Apps

The best way to stop crap apps is with reviews. Give them bad one. I respect reviews and seldom buy an app with even one or two bad reviews. It's like feedback on eBay.

Deenybird

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my ipads but i hate the iTunes store. Any developer can take you for a run by putting out a crap app. In the android market you have 24 hours to return a crap app for a full refund (first time only) whereas here you get screwed.
It's sounds like you're not aware, but you can return apps from the AppStore as well.

adoland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Afraid not so.

It's sounds like you're not aware, but you can return apps from the AppStore as well.

Don't see it anywhere in the TnC's except in the case of non-delivery, which is not what we're talking about.

left

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cellingpost.com
I saw some sites that sell feedback for your app too. So some guys can get lots of 5 star feedback really quick.

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best way to stop crap apps is with reviews. Give them bad one. I respect reviews and seldom buy an app with even one or two bad reviews. It's like feedback on eBay.
So if an app has 40,000 reviews and 1,000 bad ones and the rest 5 star, you don't buy it?

Also, it's not just crap apps. Perhaps you think an app does something but it doesn't. Perhaps you want to try a game but start it up and realize you just aren't a fan of the controls. 40 people could have given it a 5 star review but it just might not be your cup of tea.

I think this sort of thing drives more people to pirate ipa files. Why buy PvZ for 10 bucks only to find it's not your cup of tea when you can try it for free first?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had credits several times and one only 2 days ago by sending an email to iTunes Store support <[email protected]>
Below is the message I received from my request
It takes about 48 hours for a response Apple uses a common support centre for all itunes stores in the world
Before you request go to your account in itunes and look at the charges find the
Order #
Name of Application
Date purchase
Like this one

order MGW9YYT1SY
SERVING SIZE PRO
DATE 2/4/10 COST $3.99 AUS
PROBLEM

I Purchased this app thinking it would have many recipes included that I could use for parties etc and provide the quantities for it, however what I did not know I have to enter recipes in to the Application
It has 6 sample recipes sorry I purchased wrong program and request a credit.

Greetings from iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Hafeez and I will be working with you to provide quick and efficient resolution.

I understand that you are not satisfied with the application "Serving Sizer Pro recipe converter and cookbook " and hence you need a refund. I will make things right for you.

However,The order containing this item is currently processing. Your request is flagged for follow-up and I will contact you once I have more information about your order. Please note that processing can take up to five business days from the date of purchase. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

I will send you an email once this app completes processing. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Hafeez
iTunes Store Customer Support

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well here I go trying to get a refund....but assuming they DO refund you...you still shouldn't have to go through this whole rigamarole just to get a damn refund for a crap app, imo.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
That's what I wondered when I read the original post... Why not just request a refund? It may not be as easy as every purchase being s trial purchase, but it is in line with just about all retail business.

What I hate is buying a console game or computer software, in most cases you cannot return and get a refund or even store credit.

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree completely. One thing I noticed is that an app can have great reviews with a 4 star rating and I still may not like it or find that it doesn't suit my purposes. I recently purchased Iron Man 2 for $9.99 and beat it with about 3 hours of casual game play. What a rip off. Also, I've been looking for a good to-do app. I've had to purchase a handful of them to try them out and most are crap. What a waste.

Developers buy their own apps and give themselves great reviews. That's why you'll see the first several reviews being so flattering on every app. The truthful ones usually follow.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I think you mean
one thing google does better than apple
or
one thing android app store does better than the iphone OS app store

The iphone app rating system is flawed. Dont even look at them. there are to many ways for devlopers to get fake ratings, competitor devlopters get negative ratings for competing apps and then you have the fact that anyone who deletes an app gets asked to rate it. If your deleting an app your probably didnt like it and will give it a negative rating, while people who like the app generaly keep it installed yet dont give it a rating.

Deenybird - your incorrect, apple will not refund any app purchase unless they some how were never able to let you download it. They used to give refunds (at the developers expense) but this changed about a year ago. Its in your user agreement when you use itunes.

Most reactions