What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switching from android to apple possibility

Brideauk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i bought an android tablet a while ago, and the screen cracked on me and broke the digitizer.. So now im going to get a replacement. I'm thinking about switching to the iPad, but there are some things that are making me not want to switch. I love everything about the iPad, as also android.
When i bought my android i purchased about 50$ worth of applications, but if i switch to apple i cannot have those applications. does anyone know if there is a possible way that i can get a license transfer on my apps to the apple store so i can have them on an ipad and not have to rebuy all of my apps and waste money because i already had purchased them on the android market? I don't want to jailbreak, thats not an option for me because i dont want to screw up anything if i do get one. any answers will be helpful! thank you.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, i bought an android tablet a while ago, and the screen cracked on me and broke the digitizer.. So now im going to get a replacement. I'm thinking about switching to the iPad, but there are some things that are making me not want to switch. I love everything about the iPad, as also android.
When i bought my android i purchased about 50$ worth of applications, but if i switch to apple i cannot have those applications. does anyone know if there is a possible way that i can get a license transfer on my apps to the apple store so i can have them on an ipad and not have to rebuy all of my apps and waste money because i already had purchased them on the android market? I don't want to jailbreak, thats not an option for me because i dont want to screw up anything if i do get one. any answers will be helpful! thank you.

I'm afraid that Android apps can't be transferred to an iPad. You would have to start from scratch when building your iPad app library.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you invest in a $200 Nexus 7, you can keep using those apps. You can get one used, too, or you can consider some other low-cost Android machine.

When I made the jump to iOS, I didn't switch...I still have all the android stuff, but now I have iOS stuff too. It doesn't have to be binary choice, unless you need it to be.

spatra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try emailing the App developers individually - most of them will have iPad versions as well, and they may give you promo codes to download their Apps on an iPad as a customer appreciation gesture. I'd say its worth a try. Jut make sure you explain that your android tablet is not working any more.

Most reactions

Latest posts