What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omg, 600,000

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The news out is that Apple did over 1.3M credit checks yesterday, and when the dust was settled, had pre-sold 600,000 iPhone 4s. The checks were three times the previous peak. Those griping that they could not get the white models now, will want to be early to pre-order when it is announced. It is a thrill when manufacurers cannot keep up with demand, but also can create some major headaches and discontent among buyers.

It means little to me, since I have no big interest in any of the smart phones, but it amazes me the last few months for Apple. In a very short time, they have brought out two huge new products, several new software updates/OS, a major new Mac Mini, and a new Apple TV coming. Has anyone an idea of what announcements from any rivals firms that comes close to the interest shown in any of these things Apple released?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's pretty sad when your credit is so crappy that you can't even qualify for a cell phone.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it just means they ran out of time or iPhones.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I took it to mean the people failed a credit check. I suppose you could be right :D

brinatech.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think with the success of the iPhone 4 and iPad, we are seeing history being made. People are shifting to mobile computing, and away form MS windows and traditional PCs. Apple will be the next google/MS in the next 10 years. I'm already noticing that most developers have moved on to iPhone/iPad/Android development. Pretty soon there won't be many Windows programs being developed. Google with Android will hopefully keep the pressure on Apple to keep coming up with new ideas.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think with the success of the iPhone 4 and iPad, we are seeing history being made. People are shifting to mobile computing, and away form MS windows and traditional PCs. Apple will be the next google/MS in the next 10 years. I'm already noticing that most developers have moved on to iPhone/iPad/Android development. Pretty soon there won't be many Windows programs being developed. Google with Android will hopefully keep the pressure on Apple to keep coming up with new ideas.

LOL Not so fast. You still need to sync with iTunes, remember? You still need a computer, even if it's a laptop.

And a real keyboard. And I can't see me producing anything serious without my 3 monitors on my desk. But that's me.

Also, for serious applications, MS Windows is in the tablet PC industry for a LONG LONG time. The iPad is not the first tablet, it's just one without a stylus...

Tablet PCs are not going anywhere (but aren't expanding either). I know, I do have a tablet, and you'd be surprised at the big fan base it has. Designers, cartoonists, (try pressure sensitive stylus, palm rejection built in the digitizer (no soft needed)), architects, engineers, doctors...and so on and so forth.

My tablet can fall on the ground from 4ft 24x times while recalculating an Excel spreadsheet, no stop. No hairline cracks or anything. I carry my iPad in a case, because if it falls from 2ft on concret, it's the end of it. Different strokes, for different folks.

The iPad is just the next big thing. I love mine, but I know it's limited.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we are a moblie nation now not like it was 25 years ago with the technology of past where was a pager and quaters for the pay phone for you to use if need to get a hold of someone. ..

we are in the era of socallled instast commumications with a person beening able to to get in touch with someone when they need to now is cell phones and moblie computers and wireless boardband internet for our socalled moblie lifestyle for are a nation of rapid communications with one another

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A media writer said the only thing that kept the iPhone 4 from being perfect was it did not have a pair of boobs and a vagina....(maybe 5?) A bit crass, but it illustrates how much we are relying on, and adoring our technology.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the new iPhone will be a great phone, but lets step back a little - it doesnt actually make anything new possible. It amazed me that people line up to buy something they have never even seen yet. They have certainly earned a loyal following by consistently making good products, but so much of this is about people wanting to have the latest, trendy thing. They'll have to figure out what it does when they get it...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but let's face it look at any on line company. Dell is a big one as an example customers order with out seeing the product Thats what the Internet has done changed our idea of buying Apple's reputation is one of the highest and their marketing is amazing so I guess it's called trust. When I bought my first computer,Apple II, in 1977 from a Apple retailer one all ways could feel and touch before buying. Now consumers buy every thing on line hoping the decision is right. Some people like our orig poster most likely made the decision with out proper research thus finds now it's not for him Any way that's my 2 cents worth as they say in aus.
Col Australia

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess it's called trust.
Yeah, I would say its the result of having a reputation for quality and innovation. People have confidence based on past experience that this will be the phone they will want. I am just the opposite. I didnt order an iPad until I had been to Best Buy and played with one a few times and used one at work to make sure it could do what I needed it to do. With a phone, I am even more picky. When I got my last phone, I tried out 5-6 different phones and read a lot about the different platforms out there.

There are also a lot of original iPhone users, and 3G users who havent upgraded to a 3G or 3Gs and have been waiting for the next gen to come out instead. I know several people at work in that situation. I also know people who bought the iPad not having a clue what it was just because it was in the news and the trendy thing to be seen with the latest gadget from Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts