What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay so I jailbroke 100% fine but what if ...

mikalfoley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys :)

So I'm a neebie to this site,
Just 5 mins ago I jailbroke my iPad 2 Wifi only IOS 5.0.1 using Absinthe and it went so fine and I'm relaxed now, I was freaking out it was gonna crash or something.

So before I jailbroke it I learned all about SHSH blobs, think I've got the general idea and whether it was necessary or not I used TinyUmbrella to save blobs I think? The blobs it saved I think were:

iPad2 wifi blah blah blah 5.0.1
.......................... 5.1b

and somthing else too.

So my question is this, If say in the next few weeks the current IOS is still 5.0.1 and I want to unjailbreak it, as in get rid of cydia etc. ... I can simply restore it back to default and no bother?
OR If the IOS upgrades say to 5.1 or whatever, i would have to wait for a new jailbreak or what?
Could someone tell me what I would do if I wanted to ugrade?

Thanks a mill guys! :D

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At this point, your SHSH Blobs are saved in case clever hackers find a way to use them in the future. We have no way to restore an iPad2 on any 5.x firmware using saved SHSH Blobs as things stand today. We keep our fingers crossed that this will change in the future...

So, the bottom line is if you run into problems or decide for whatever reason that jailbreaking is not for you, you will simply restore your device using iTunes to whatever the latest version of IOS is when you make the decision. At the moment, that would be 5.0.1, but we expect 5.1 to be released around March 9th, so if it is after that you will likely get 5.1.

If you decide you want to keep your jailbreak, you must NOT choose any offer of an update when using either iTunes or the Settings > Software Update option on your iPad. An update is never forced. You are always asked. Just make sure you say NO.

And remember - You don't have the option to try out the final version of 5.1 and then revert back to 5.0.1 and re-jailbreak if you don't like it. None of us do.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts