What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay ~. NOW I wish....

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad would accept my flash drive.:(. I have done all I can do on here and I must either grab my mini HP or get up go to my office and use my desktop.

It's tough being me.:D

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can still use your iPad by using team viewer app. :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I googled how to get files from flash drive to iPad and they had a camera connection thingy, which I need ~ put in the flash drive hit dismiss when the box popped up and then tapped on the app ifiles.

I am sure the apps you guys mentioned works in the same way. I wonder though with them if a camera connection kit is needed...

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you got dropbox on both your pc and on your iPad now. On your pc drag and drop all files from your USB to dropbox. On your iPad open dropbox, you will find all your Files there. Docs2go and goodreader also supports dropbox now.

With team viewer, you can just turn them on after you have both set them up. Stick your flash drive to the pc.then you can start controlling your pc on your iPad via team viewer.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDIT: Looks like you are getting the same advice from the two of us at the same time!

Unless your "stuff" is on a format the iPad can use, you will have to use a program like Team Viewer which allows you to have remote access to your computer. However, it is going to be quite a bit slower than actually working at your computer.

As far as the camera connection kit, I have not used it, but it is quite a bit more expensive than going with the RDP (remote desktop) route. Even if you can get your "stuff" on your iPad, you still need an application in order to use it like Documents To Go or Apple's Pages app.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you got dropbox on both your pc and on your iPad now. On your pc drag and drop all files from your USB to dropbox. On your iPad open dropbox, you will find all your Files there. Docs2go and goodreader also supports dropbox now.

With team viewer, you can just turn them on after you have both set them up. Stick your flash drive to the pc.then you can start controlling your pc on your iPad via team viewer.

I am about to put it on my computer now. My files will be there on my iPad in drop box? Seriously? I will be right back....

Don't quite get team viewer, yet.

But I will ~

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EDIT: Looks like you are getting the same advice from the two of us at the same time!

Unless your "stuff" is on a format the iPad can use, you will have to use a program like Team Viewer which allows you to have remote access to your computer. However, it is going to be quite a bit slower than actually working at your computer.

As far as the camera connection kit, I have not used it, but it is quite a bit more expensive than going with the RDP (remote desktop) route. Even if you can get your "stuff" on your iPad, you still need an application in order to use it like Documents To Go or Apple's Pages app.

I wish to add goodreader seems not able to edit files. You can do it with docs2go and pages. And maybe some more app out there that I don't know of.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have anything to add but to say I love reading your exchanges, always entertaining!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you put your stuff on dropbox, it will be on a server somewhere (who knows where?) out on the Internet. The advantage is that you do not have to have your data with you in order to use it, you only need access to it. Once your stuff is on drop box, you can use it at home, at work, sipping a grande carmel macchiato espresso at Starbucks... anywhere you can get on the Internet.

Think of these "cloud" servers like using a debit card from your bank. Your money is your data and your bank is the cloud (i.e. Dropbox). You don't need to have money with you in order to use it, you only need access to it. As long as you have your debit card, you have access to your money!

Clear as mud, eh?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts