What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uh oh..bad habbits!!

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the other day, we bought a new HP desktop computer. I find myself using it a lot..the screen is HUGE! It's either a 20 or 23"..forget but I am using it more and more.

However, I find myself taking the mouse, and clicking the very top part of the window I'm using, in order to "scroll up" automaticly for me. I click, then it hits me, I need to use the wheel on the mouse, or the scroll bar on the right in order to get back to the top of the page.

:D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So the other day, we bought a new HP desktop computer. I find myself using it a lot..the screen is HUGE! It's either a 20 or 23"..forget but I am using it more and more.

However, I find myself taking the mouse, and clicking the very top part of the window I'm using, in order to "scroll up" automaticly for me. I click, then it hits me, I need to use the wheel on the mouse, or the scroll bar on the right in order to get back to the top of the page.

Try using the "home" key or better yet map home to one of you unused mouse buttons (assuming you aren't using the one button Mac mouse!). I agree with you ... I never really thought about how nice tapping to get to the top was until I got my iPad.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Try using the "home" key or better yet map home to one of you unused mouse buttons (assuming you aren't using the one button Mac mouse!). I agree with you ... I never really thought about how nice tapping to get to the top was until I got my iPad.

Yeah I know the keyboard shortcuts. I just need to get back into the habbit.

I think though, a new mouse is in order. We have the factory mouse that came with the desktop. hunk o junk it be!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where is the iPAD in all that story ?

The iPad is in there because you simply tap on the top of the browser window to get to the top of a web page. The OP was wishing for the same functionality surfing on that fantastic new monitor that can display so much of a page at once.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yep.. functions of the iPad lack on this new PC.

Didn't know I had to be specific.... At least some folks got it :)

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since on the topic of police....can we get a mugshot of that COP!?!?! I bet his head is huge! Lol

Most reactions

Latest posts