What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop playing video games questions

HappyMexican

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I just recently got an ipad and I am pretty happy with it. Right now I am working on getting my iPad set up with splashtop 2 . I got it connected just fine with my desktop at home. But currently trying to play mass effect at my office from my from desktop and I can't control my character at all. I know an external keyboard would defiantly help but is there currently mice you can buy for the iPad? Or perhaps a game controller that I could hook up with my iPad and use through splashtop? Anyone got this figured out?

Thanks for the help,

Hapmex

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HappyMexican said:
Hello,

I just recently got an ipad and I am pretty happy with it. Right now I am working on getting my iPad set up with splashtop 2 . I got it connected just fine with my desktop at home. But currently trying to play mass effect at my office from my from desktop and I can't control my character at all. I know an external keyboard would defiantly help but is there currently mice you can buy for the iPad? Or perhaps a game controller that I could hook up with my iPad and use through splashtop? Anyone got this figured out?

Thanks for the help,

Hapmex

Hello Hapmex, welcome to the forum. When you get a chance head on over to our new members forum, introduce yourself to our community and take advantage of the information posted in that sub-forum. I recommend reading about forum rules and the how to tips.

Regarding this game and using an intermediary pc to play it via splashtop, that is a new idea to me, but wouldn't it be easier if you played the game directly on your iPad? Perhaps you are using this process to avoid having to buy the game all over again for your iPad, or you may want to maintain your stats...but this game played directly on your iPad is far more responsive than playing it on your PC via splashtop.

There is a sale going on for one of the games: Mass Effect: Infiltrator. Here is a screen shot of most of the Mass Effect apps:

787de03b.jpg

OP
HappyMexican

HappyMexican

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Well sorry I meant to say mass effect 3. And you would guess that it doesn't exist as an app. It's not only that but games like dragon age 2, starcraft 2 and skyrim all do not exist on iPad. Having a gaming rig at home I am trying to utilize the gpu power. See what I mean?

Thanks,

Hap mex

Most reactions