What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok now don't get me wrong here guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I wanted to know if there is any way that some can install an app or any sort of program that can keep track of what you do on you Ipad, and view it on the iPhone 4? (Like go through you mail and personal information some sort of privacy breech app etc) I have this snoopy little brother that sticks his nose into every thing and is kind of a genius when it comes to Apple and gets a kick out of this kind of stuff, seeing as how he got the iPhone a really long time ago. I work 9 to 5 so my iPad is left exposed for 8 hours and he always seems to ease his way past the password. (And i don't want to be that guy that hides his things) I kind of got a clue that someone(mostly likely snot nose brother:D) was snooping around my iPad when my setting were all changed, I would notice things being bookmarked when I didn't bookmark them and other apps/tweaks showing up in my setting section.

Is there any thing I can do to protect myself?

Any input is much appreciated thanks.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Na my boss isn't the nicest in the world, it's kind of a controlled environment and i just started like a week ago i don't want to seem like douche walking in with an iPad all like look at me and stuff lol, although I have debated keeping it in my car but that seems even worst then leaving it at home. And besides I want to one up my bro and kind of beat him at his own game if you know hat I mean. So i'm looking for a way I can get him red handed LOL :D

Last edited:

nedcronin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you there, the car is no good. Hopefully your boss lightens up! Maybe someone will come along here who can help out...

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you can jailbreak the iPad so easily, I know there must be some way you can monitor what is going on with your iPad, as well. Right? There are awesome genius out there are welcome to chime in any time.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is any remote way of doing what you ask with the iPad. (Correct me someone if I am wrong). The best you can do is set a complicated long password with uppercase & lowercase letters mixed in with numbers and symbols when you leave for the day (of course don't forget it), and remember to change it frequently, I use mine for sensitive work related purposes so it has some kind of encryption, but the above is the best I can suggest.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you set a password and fast timeout?

I have set a password already and it's not the simple 4 digit one either but that was long time ago and the changes occurred after the password was set. I change it every weekend as well.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M325i said:
I have set a password already and it's not the simple 4 digit one either but that was long time ago and the changes occurred after the password was set. I change it every weekend as well.

Either he has a spy cam in your room or are your passwords too simple ? Is he a chap who has a lot of patience or the worlds next super code breaker.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is any remote way of doing what you ask with the iPad. (Correct me someone if I am wrong). The best you can do is set a complicated long password with uppercase & lowercase letters mixed in with numbers and symbols when you leave for the day (of course don't forget it), and remember to change it frequently, I use mine for sensitive work related purposes so it has some kind of encryption, but the above is the best I can suggest.

An encryption huh? Well i'm going to have to look into that one, if you'd like to spew some more information on how I can encrypt my iPad it would be much appreciated. PM my if you don't want to make it into a production, it might just be the kind of thing I need.

thanks

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
then your brother is smarter than you.

Ofcourse he is, i'm not a afraid to admit that. He's a bright kid:) he's just using his smarts in a not so constructive way, but i'm sure that will change over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts