What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Run as admin wont work (for mac), but do the restore option in iTunes. Restore to factory... and then jailbreak. did that and it worked perfect

worked, but the restore didnt restore any of my apps. :( and iTunes refuses to restore them to the ipad.... o well

Last edited:

Rufian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Run as admin wont work (for mac), but do the restore option in iTunes. Restore to factory... and then jailbreak. did that and it worked perfect

Factory reset worked! Tytytyty! I've been waiting for the iPad3 JB for what feels like forever.

spartan1195

iPF Noob
Reaction score

worked, but the restore didnt restore any of my apps. :( and iTunes refuses to restore them to the ipad.... o well

hmmm dont like the sound of that, i've got ALOT of stuff downloaded from itunes/app store. I Would really like to jb my ipad as there are quite a few features that would be very helpful BUT not at the risk of losing £££ worth of apps :(

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well before you do a factory reset try a few things first that I've found to help in the past.

1) turn off your wifi... sometimes apps are sending/receiving data and I've found it can hang up the JB tool.
2) do a hard reset of the iPad. This will clear anything in the cache that might hang it up as well. Also any JB data stuck in memory will be cleared too.

MrClean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried several things, doing the factory reset cleared whatever was causing the problem, success at last!
I don't mind the fact that I have to transfer all my apps and music back to the iPad. Not now that I can officially make it MINE. :)

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took 5 mins. and should I restore my backup from the iTunes ?

and what is "Note : Cannot Locate Package" :(

Last edited:

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmmm dont like the sound of that, i've got ALOT of stuff downloaded from itunes/app store. I Would really like to jb my ipad as there are quite a few features that would be very helpful BUT not at the risk of losing £££ worth of apps :(

Well all apps are owned for good through the app store... They just didn't restore. So all my folders, iBooks, and a lot of my progress in games are lost. But all my apps I'm redownloading.... More of a hassle then anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darenfef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all who have problems with JB, most important thing is have a clean IPAD. SO make sure that in IPAD settings YOU erased ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS. Next step after reboot is Make a new Activation (dont recover Your settings, You will do this after jailbreaking). For me that worked.

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took 5 mins. and should I restore my backup from the iTunes ?

and what is "Note : Cannot Locate Package" :(

Go into changes and hit refresh... walk away for about 10minutes lol... it will be there when you come back. you may need to do it multiple times

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked for me with no problems on ipad 3 didnt erase either.
+1.

And for the record - I never erase my iPad before JB. I didn't even have to backup. If you bought your iPad 3 already at 5.1 and updated to 5.1.1 then the jailbreak happens in the background. It doesn't erase a single setting of your iPad. Very convenient with Absinthe. That was one of Absinthe's real selling points when it was developed for the 5.0.1 JB - that it could happen in the background WITHOUT THE NEED FOR AN ERASE OR RESTORE. The only people who need a full restore are people already jailbroken on their iPad at 5.0.1.

If you're already jailbroken at a lower iOS version, an Erase All Contents will put your iPad in a never ending loop and it will never turn back on. You must do an iTunes full restore going from one jailbreak to another.

mata7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
finally i have my ipad JB baby :) , i dint have to reset anything and the process take 5 min

LEG1ON

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is turning into a nightmare, tried everything, hard reboot, different leads, throwing it at the window lol.
I cannot even get it to restore in itunes either keep getting (3194) error. Tried a fresh copy of itunes installed. Running out of options now :mad:

Last edited:

brocher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is turning into a nightmare, tried everything, hard reboot, different leads, throwing it at the window lol.
I cannot even get it to restore in itunes either keep getting (3194) error. Tried a fresh copy of itunes installed. Running out of options now :mad:

You probable need to remove your saurik server edit in your host file

Most reactions

Latest posts