What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
musclenerd has also just confirmed that "Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence".... :D

Even better news, the jailbreak will be a tripple play - Absinthe, redsn0w, and CLI, so you will be able to use the method you are most comfortable with. If I were a betting man, I would expect the order of release to be Absinthe, CLI, and redn0w..., but we can always hope for a simultaneous release! ;)

Stay tuned folks. It's close! :D

Rpgguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never jailbroke a device before, what is the difference between the methods you mentioned? ( Absinthe, redsn0w, and CLI )

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never jailbroke a device before, what is the difference between the methods you mentioned? ( Absinthe, redsn0w, and CLI )

A really good way to use your time whilst waiting for the jailbreak would be to read some of our other articles, tutorials, and guides!

Try these to start...

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...orial-jailbreak-ipad1-ios5-using-redsn0w.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-tutorial-jailbreak-ipad2-5-0-1-absinthe.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...d2-5-0-1-absinthe-using-windows-cli-tool.html

Hope that helps :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Redsn0w and Absinthe are merely the various forms of Jailbreaking tools, a brand name, as it were. They have GUI interfaces, so it's a matter of pressing buttons and following the onscreen instructions.

The CLI tool is "command line interface" and that's the one where you have to do the jail break via the command line or terminal from your PC. You are actually entering the code to initiate the jail break instead of pressing a button to make the code activate. This tool is usually harder to use, because there are more steps to do (and usually, more places where you can enter in the wrong code).

Regardless, after the jail break is completed, it doesn't matter which tool you used. Once the jail break is done, the you won't have to run a tool again.

So, yay on the "triple play"! Here's hoping soon, yeah?

Marilyn

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pad2g has written on his bloog that wit a jailbreaken ipad i can install open-source software thats meant for unix os, does that mean that i can install software that runs on ubuntu or othe linux os?

Chrisd10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm confused now, just tried to save SHSH blobs for 5.1.1 and I can't? What's going on? Am I doing something wrong?

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't even think I was done reading his blog and I was already updating to 5.1.1 lol.... I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not but I've noticed a much cooler color on my screen since the update.... Could apple have made a hardware adjustment to the 3 to help with the color issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HekyHS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys, new to these forums! Although ive been following these for a while:p

Just a quick question regarding the Baseband. Since the global ipad 3.3 should work. What does preserving the baseband actually do? The Sim card in it should always work no?

Tried to google it, but couldnt make much sense out of the things they said:p

thanks!

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having battery issues and I may be receiving a new iPad. Will the blobs I saved for the old device work with the new one or no?

kiLLeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alxb577 said:
I'm having battery issues and I may be receiving a new iPad. Will the blobs I saved for the old device work with the new one or no?

No.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chrisd10 said:
I'm confused now, just tried to save SHSH blobs for 5.1.1 and I can't? What's going on? Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you got the latest version of TU - v5.11.00

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, blobs saved for a device only work for that device.

Good news is though 5.1.1 jailbreak is about to release and it's currently the most up-to-date firmware so you should be able to jailbreak the new one no problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts