What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

Adyeng82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome, looking forward to customising the iPad to my hearts content!

canadian1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pod2g's latest update indicates the jailbreak will be with us within "days". Great news :D

Just two quick questions:

1. When a jailbreak is released, will it be posted here?
2. I have never jailbroken an iPad before, but I have jailbroken my iPhone. Is the process just as easy as it is for phones?

chinwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On his latest post pod2g does not make any mention of the ipad 3 4g, only ipad 3 wifi and ipad 3 cdma. Is that including the 4g lte from verizon?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
canadian1000 said:
Just two quick questions:

1. When a jailbreak is released, will it be posted here?
2. I have never jailbroken an iPad before, but I have jailbroken my iPhone. Is the process just as easy as it is for phones?

Yes it will be posted here when it is released, so stay tuned to this thread.

And you will be given complete instructions on how to go about Jailbreaking courtesy of f4780y and yes it is just as easy as an iPhone.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
pego99 said:
I just hope 5.1.2 doesn't come out before the jb.
I'd say that's unlikely but if you have your shsh blobs saved then there's no need to worry

Chrisd10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pod2g say iPad 3 global is still to be tested how do I know which version I have? Since I thought everything is fine as the iPad 3 wifi version is listed which is the one I have. So where's the difference?

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chrisd10 said:
Pod2g say iPad 3 global is still to be tested how do I know which version I have? Since I thought everything is fine as the iPad 3 wifi version is listed which is the one I have. So where's the difference?

You are fine the global version is one of the ones that have data service either AT&T or Verizon.

Chrisd10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pod2g has just updates his tweet with this: "Some facts about 5.1.1 jailbreak : pod2g-ios.blogspot.fr . You can safely upgrade to 5.1.1 now if you want to be ready." so I take it, it is safe to upgrade now and save blobs?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pod2g has just updates his tweet with this: "Some facts about 5.1.1 jailbreak : pod2g-ios.blogspot.fr . You can safely upgrade to 5.1.1 now if you want to be ready." so I take it, it is safe to upgrade now and save blobs?

Nothing should ever prevent you from saving blobs. Always do it as soon as TinyUmbrella is updated to support a new firmware.

As for firmware, given that pod2g is the main developer of the upcoming jailbreak and that redsn0w allows you to downgrade to 5.1 IF you have saved 5.1 SHSH Blobs, then it is safe to upgrade to 5.1.1 if the core developer says so :D Check my signature to see what I did ;)

Chrisd10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Nothing should ever prevent you from saving blobs. Always do it as soon as TinyUmbrella is updated to support a new firmware.

As for firmware, given that pod2g is the main developer of the upcoming jailbreak and that redsn0w allows you to downgrade to 5.1 IF you have saved 5.1 SHSH Blobs, then it is safe to upgrade to 5.1.1 if the core developer says so :D Check my signature to see what I did ;)

I haven't saved them that's the thing, I want to upgrade so that I can save the blobs in time for 5.1.1 so your advising me not to upgrade? I will check out your signature now ^_^

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't saved them that's the thing, I want to upgrade so that I can save the blobs in time for 5.1.1 so your advising me not to upgrade? I will check out your signature now ^_^

You are misunderstanding blobs I think. You always save them NOW. Never wait. You get blobs BEFORE you install a firmware. Not after. Anyone can save 5.1.1 blobs today. It's got nothing to do with having the firmware installed. Follow this guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

I obviously don't write as clearly as I think I do! :D I was advising you TO UPGRADE because pod2g said it was OK. :D
If the person developing the jailbreak tell you it is safe to update, then it's safe to update.

Most reactions

Latest posts