What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shoot at this point there is no sense in jailbreaking due to IOS 6 probably being released in 35-50 days.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickeylittle said:
Shoot at this point there is no sense in jailbreaking due to IOS 6 probably being released in 35-50 days.
Where'd you get that from?
Personally I dont think ios 6 will be released before the next gen iPhone

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Where in the heck do u pull that info from??!! So 5.1.1 gets released 2months after 5.1 and now u jump to the conclusion that 6.0 is coming in less than that time frame! ...ummm ok...lol!!! At best it will be released with iphone 5 in October ( and thats just a guess too:p ) as far as I can tell the only effect of holding back jailbreaks are limiting potential revenue for cydia app/tweak devs.

BeAmEd FrOm An IcEd oUt GnEx LtE

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The jb game may be over if apple releases new iOS every 45-60 days since the jb community seems to need at least that amount of time or maybe the exploits were never found.

Uinluan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's called follow the rule that's been true since the beginning of jail breaking don't upgrade until a jailbreak is available. If you are unlucky like me and your iPad came with 5.1 on it be patient and a break will come.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The jb game may be over if apple releases new iOS every 45-60 days since the jb community seems to need at least that amount of time or maybe the exploits were never found.
I too have been wondering if Apple would ever employ that as a tactic to foil the jail breaking community. It's actually a brilliant strategy if it's proactive.

As to the person that said we'll have iOS 6 within the next 35 to 50 days-that's just nonsense. At the very earliest it'll be released with the iPhone 5. Not a day earlier.

Rpgguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets say they release a new IOS every 10 days - what does it matter? just dont upgrade to it and your fine...

h3kt1c

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pod2g just tweeted this about an hour ago.

Hey. iPad 3,1 running iOS 5.1 untethered. Next on the list: stabilizing the payload, then trying 5.1.1.

Uinluan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sweet hopefully he releases after he gets it stabilized, for those that didn't update.

Uinluan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to shut off the message about the update being available for your iPad? My iPad tonight started saying you have an update and you should install it. So I looked at it but of course don't want to install it because I want to be able to jailbreak. So I told it no, now I have a message that won't go away on system preferences that I need to update. Can I cancel the message somehow?

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Uinluan said:
Is there a way to shut off the message about the update being available for your iPad? My iPad tonight started saying you have an update and you should install it. So I looked at it but of course don't want to install it because I want to be able to jailbreak. So I told it no, now I have a message that won't go away on system preferences that I need to update. Can I cancel the message somehow?
Only if you jailbreak

klaxhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it might be a dumb questions but better check than sorry: i am on 4.3.3 JB via jialbreakme.com about 1 year ago. can i just go and update to 5.01 and then jailbreka with absinthe ?
is there a thread on this maybe somewhere? cydia also says i have the blobs for 4.3.3 5.01 and 5.1 - is that possible even though i only had 4.3.3 on the ipad 2?

thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts