What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Synaptic13: Nice setup! Don't you just love Gridlock?! :)

@LeonKaiser: Yeah, the white icons happens. I've noticed that it usually occurs after installing tweaks from Cydia. As you've noticed, a respring takes care of it and it's really not a biggy - just annoying. This started with the first Absinthe and I was hoping Absinthe 2.0 had fixed that. Guess not. Oh well, small price to pay to have a jail broken iPad, right?

ok so after jailbreaking my ipad3 my ipad was connecting to itunes just fine but then all of a sudden its not connecting anymore ..i get an error messages saying (itunes could not connect to this ipad because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000012))...does anyone know how to solve this error...ive search for a solution for the past 2 days but no luck...this is my 1st apple product so i need help in dummy terms lol.....
ive tried the deletion of lockdown & apple folder on the computer also tried adding itunes to homegroup,ive tried holding power & home key until apple logo shows up while itunes is still open..also tried on another cpu & get the same error so im guessing its the ipad....o yea i cant do a factory reset anymore either it just hangs on the circle loading...ive even tried rejailbreaking & i just get error-5 lockdown HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP

When you say "all of a sudden," what was the last thing you did before this started happening? Maybe if we know what you did just before, we can figure out how to undo it.

And, can you tell us what tweaks and such you've downloaded from Cydia? Give us a full list and hopefully we can look at tit and ID what might be causing the issue. Thanks.

Marilyn

LeonKaiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Mickey330: Yup, not really a problem. I'd gladly have that bug in exchange for a jailbroken iPad.

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@LeonKaiser: Yeah, the white icons happens. I've noticed that it usually occurs after installing tweaks from Cydia. As you've noticed, a respring takes care of it and it's really not a biggy - just annoying. This started with the first Absinthe and I was hoping Absinthe 2.0 had fixed that. Guess not. Oh well, small price to pay to have a jail broken iPad, right?
A Respring has "never" resolved blank icons for me. Any other ideas?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Respring has "never" resolved blank icons for me. Any other ideas?

You need to use a respring mechanism which also resets the icon cache (the icons are blanking because the icon cache is becoming corrupt - this can happen for a variety of reasons, but usually a badly behaving tweak).

Install the tweak called "respring" from Cydia. This puts an icon on the springboard which resprings the device (and clears the cache in the process).
Springtomize also includes the necessary code to reset the cache when you use it to respring.

The respring in SBSettings does NOT reliably reset the cache.
Winterboard is also fairly reliable for respring, but I have still experienced the odd blank icon...

I'm sure there are some other options too. Personally, I rely on Springtomize.

Hope that helps.

m3z2t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just did a jailbreak on my iPad 3 Wifi but I have the problem when I try to launch certain apps (Kindle, Kobo, Zite etc) that the screen just flickers black and the app doesnt launch (however it shows it in the opened apps thing if I hit home button twice). How can I fix this?

Hope I dont have to unjailbreak it :(

Thanks for the help :D

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
m3z2t said:
Hey everyone! I just did a jailbreak on my iPad 3 Wifi but I have the problem when I try to launch certain apps (Kindle, Kobo, Zite etc) that the screen just flickers black and the app doesnt launch (however it shows it in the opened apps thing if I hit home button twice). How can I fix this?

Hope I dont have to unjailbreak it :(

Thanks for the help :D

I had this happen with 1 app too. I deleted the app, reinstalled from App Store and the problem was fixed.

collin9338

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will probably jailbreak the first day i get mine. i expect to enjoy it as much as my iphone!

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to use a respring mechanism which also resets the icon cache (the icons are blanking because the icon cache is becoming corrupt - this can happen for a variety of reasons, but usually a badly behaving tweak).

Install the tweak called "respring" from Cydia. This puts an icon on the springboard which resprings the device (and clears the cache in the process).
Springtomize also includes the necessary code to reset the cache when you use it to respring.

The respring in SBSettings does NOT reliably reset the cache.
Winterboard is also fairly reliable for respring, but I have still experienced the odd blank icon...

I'm sure there are some other options too. Personally, I rely on Springtomize.

Hope that helps.
SUPER info, F47! I did not know of different Respring tools. I will try them. Winterboard's and SBSettings' Resprings do NOT clear blank icon problems. Tried many times. They've never once cleared a blank icon.

Thanks again!

mccurt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Synaptic13: Nice setup! Don't you just love Gridlock?! :)

When you say "all of a sudden," what was the last thing you did before this started happening? Maybe if we know what you did just before, we can figure out how to undo it.

And, can you tell us what tweaks and such you've downloaded from Cydia? Give us a full list and hopefully we can look at tit and ID what might be causing the issue. Thanks.

Marilyn

ok nvm i jus used DFU mode ..a guy @ work told me bout it thx anyways

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so the new blade hd theme for ipad 1,2,3 works however I can not set my own wallpaper??? Anyone know of a tweak that would interfere with it ...or maybe something im doing wrong? I've tried marking "user wallpaper/lockscreen" above and below in winterboard and notta...im stumped lol... Thx for any help:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so the new blade hd theme for ipad 1,2,3 works however I can not set my own wallpaper??? Anyone know of a tweak that would interfere with it ...or maybe something im doing wrong? I've tried marking "user wallpaper/lockscreen" above and below in winterboard and notta...im stumped lol... Thx for any help:)

Winterboard is a tool that was released a long time ago. ModernThemers tend to not like people changing their lockscreen and springboard backgrounds because it will often not match the theme (In the opinion of the theme creator). So they started to re-make the code for the backgrounds in a process called "layering".

Then Winterboard isn't updated all that often and as such the "user wallpaper" theme that you can choose in Winterboard doesn't change the back most layer of most modern themes. Wish I had better news for you.

You CAN change that background but you have to go deep inside the theme and start adding things and renaming files.

Last edited:

Synaptic13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Winterboard is a tool that was released a long time ago. ModernThemers tend to not like people changing their lockscreen and springboard backgrounds because it will often not match the theme (In the opinion of the theme creator). So they started to re-make the code for the backgrounds in a process called "layering".

Then Winterboard isn't updated all that often and as such the "user wallpaper" theme that you can choose in Winterboard doesn't change the back most layer of most modern themes. Wish I had better news for you.

You CAN change that background but you have to go deep inside the theme and start adding things and renaming files.

Cool I have no issue changing files ...so the png's i want i just rename the same as the themes files
correct? And is there any other way to apply a theme other than winterboard? And I would be fine with the themes wallpaper however it's distorted and not the correct size...thx for the help☺

Sent from SyNaPtiC's PaD

lwr32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a problem. I did a jailbreak today on my iPad 3. Now I don't have a front facing camera. I have a button to switch the camera from back to front but when I tap it, the camera locks up. I lost the iMovie app because of it. Can someone help please.

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone here experiences blank icons on the iPad after jailbreaking? Restarting the iPad resolves it. But the blank icons recur after sometime, usually the 1st page icons, around 1 to 3 icons, random program icons. No big deal really. Just reporting. Jailbroken with absinthe 2.0, iPad 3 wifi 64gb.

just don't click "field test" lol. learned that one the hard way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts