What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
morphnavi said:
Thank you. Any idea wen iOS 6 jailbreak will release.

There's no way to tell. It could be as long as a few months or as short as a few weeks.
Just keep an eye on this thread, news of any jailbreak will be announced here.

Last edited:

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Devastated! :( my iPad 2 had a mental breakdown and had to be restored, it decided to update itself to IOS 6 :( and my sister has "kindly" deleted my IOS 4 & 5 blobs from her laptop :( not really sure it could be any worse.

imuhawa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AvaMoore said:
Devastated! :( my iPad 2 had a mental breakdown and had to be restored, it decided to update itself to IOS 6 :( and my sister has "kindly" deleted my IOS 4 & 5 blobs from her laptop :( not really sure it could be any worse.

Try get them remotely from cydia..
It should work so long as you opened Cydia at least once when you were on iOS 5..

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
helpful as always, i will give it a go when i next go to my sister's house. I'm "one of those people" who now using nothing else put their iPad and phone lol

inoneear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've been jail broken before, then Cydia does [most likely] have your SHSH blobs. Marilyn

I have two questions...

(1) If I update my iPad 2 from 5.0.1 to 6, I will lose my current jailbreak. If I backup the SHSH blobs prior to upgrading, will I be able to use TinyUmbrella to restore the SHSH blobs back to 5.0.1? Are there detailed instructions?
(2) Is there any further information on jailbreaking an iPad 2 with 6?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have two questions...

(1) If I update my iPad 2 from 5.0.1 to 6, I will lose my current jailbreak. If I backup the SHSH blobs prior to upgrading, will I be able to use TinyUmbrella to restore the SHSH blobs back to 5.0.1? Are there detailed instructions?
(2) Is there any further information on jailbreaking an iPad 2 with 6?

You can only downgrade that iPad2 if you have blobs for iOS 4.x (and version) AND blobs for the iOS 5 version you want to downgrade to. But - you have to have saved those blobs when Apple was signing them. If you haven't already saved them, you can't downgrade off of iOS 6.

And, there is no jail break for the iPad on iOS 6 at this time. Keep an eye on this thread for the lated on the iOS 6 jail break: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

Marilyn

laco123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everybody i am new on this site,i just want to know i got an ipad 2 3G version 5.1 (9B176) is there any way i can jailbreak it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi everybody i am new on this site,i just want to know i got an ipad 2 3G version 5.1 (9B176) is there any way i can jailbreak it?

First off - please respect the fact that this forum is an international forum and members cannot be expected to answer within one half hour. Plus, our rules require you let 48 hours go by - then, if there is no response, you may ask again for assistance. In other words, a little patience, please. Thanks.

Now, to your question: In order to jail break that iPad, you'll have to be on iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1. However, the only way to install either iOS on your iPad is if you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4 (any version) AND for iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1.1. If you have BOTH sets of blobs, see this post for jail breaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

If you do not have those blobs, then no, there is no way you can jail break that iPad2 at this time. Your only option will be to go to iOS 6 and wait for a jail break to be released for this iOS. And, see this thread to stay up with the latest news on an iOS 6 jail break: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

Marilyn

joyrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad2 3G version, it's on 4.3.3 with jailbreak. I have the SHSH blobs 4.3.3, 5.1.1, 6.0.1. Can I upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 then jailbreak now? Can I go from 4.3.3 then restore to 5.1.1? or I need to go to 6.x then back to 5.1.1?

It's a bit not clear to me as I saw on iClarified site that it need both the IPSW files for both 5.1.1 and 4.3.3,

Tkx

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to restore your iPad2 to iOS 5.1.1. All you need are the SHSH blobs for iOS 5.1.1 and iOS 4 (any version). Since you have them, you are good to go.

So, download redsn0w and let 'er rip. Good luck.

Marilyn

dith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joyrider said:
I have a ipad2 3G version, it's on 4.3.3 with jailbreak. I have the SHSH blobs 4.3.3, 5.1.1, 6.0.1. Can I upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 then jailbreak now? Can I go from 4.3.3 then restore to 5.1.1? or I need to go to 6.x then back to 5.1.1?

It's a bit not clear to me as I saw on iClarified site that it need both the IPSW files for both 5.1.1 and 4.3.3,

Tkx

Hy joyrider ,,, can you sent to me your blooobs ,,, cause i want downgrade my ios 6.0.1 to be ios 5.1.1 .... So many rimes i was download ios , but doesnt work ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts