What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone jailbreak with musclenerd link cause im not home to jailbreak but i downloaded it on my ipad !

always genuine..

comcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe this is the real JB, but I get an error that says:

Uploaded corona/jb.plist
Uploaded corona/racoon-exploit-bootstrap.conf
Uploaded corona/tar
Creating backup...
2012-01-21 05:58:14.663 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:14.701 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:14.703 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:14.720 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:18.678 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (1266): got == sizeof(size)

So it's back to waiting for me at least.

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I use the one for windows??? Anyone who know? CMD is just popping op, and closes itself...

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I use the one for windows??? Anyone who know? CMD is just popping op, and closes itself...

It it this?
1. Press, in your keyboard WINDOWS+R (Run windows) and type: "CMD" (Without quotes), and press ENTER
2. On windows is open (BLACK WINDOWS) type the commands withouts quotes: "CD .."
3. "cd cinject_0.4.3"
4. Now your machine will stay that way: (C:\cinject_0.4.3>) <-- DO NOT TYPE THIS
5. Run first command withou quotes: (Submit by CAPSLOCKON)
a. "cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig"
- IMPORTANT. On device, accept the script, and next next finish (without password)
6. "cinject.exe -j payloads"
- IMPORTANT. Wait the backup. Sugest try with blank A5 device.
7. "cinject.exe -w"
8. Try to start Absithe, if you get error database, go to setting and turn on VPN and try again

Will there not be a program for windows, like there is for mac users???

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
comcc said:

Uploaded corona/jb.plist
Uploaded corona/tar
Creating backup...
2012-01-21 05:58:14.663 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:14.701 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:14.703 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:14.720 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.
2012-01-21 05:58:18.678 cinject.exe[5268:f10] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

After going home i'll try it !
Yes it is real jailbreak cause it is given by musclenerd hacker of dream team..
always genuine..

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My advice to those that are having issues, don't know what CD is, or anything CLI related, please just sit tight and wait for a GUI version of this JB. I know everyone is anxious, but save yourself some heartache and just hang on just a little bit longer...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Todd M said:
My advice to those that are having issues, don't know what CD is, or anything CLI related, please just sit tight and wait for a GUI version of this JB. I know everyone is anxious, but save yourself some heartache and just hang on just a little bit longer...

And to add to that, I'm certain that there will be a tutorial appearing in the Hacking Section soon, so hang fire and wait for the announcement (unless I've missed it already!), the tutorials in the Hacking Section are super easy to follow and foolproof, even for someone as inexperienced as I am......and that is saying something!

The Archangel

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen, the ones that live off every word in this forum. I posted a little while back regarding some of the replies that several members were getting within the thread, and on this forum.

I have been on several forums in the last week. And have asked numerous question and got straight and helpful advice. They were friendly to say the least. I could of used the search engine,many probably asked the same question that had been asked a million times. In a thread of 105 pages there wasn't one bad direction or bad word.

If google was the answer to everything this forum wouldn't exist. To say VMware wasn't iPad related what are some people using to help them jailbreak ? If the answers in google,then what's the point of coming here. Seems to me that this forum needs a serious shakeup. From what I have read, it's not helpful at all. Seems to be a place to come and just get abused. Enough said, but I won't be returning.

Hmmm. Seems in the space of your 5 posts, over a period of 4 days, and on the basis of this single thread alone, the forum has gone from being a great place to one of the worst... Interesting. An not something I would support at all, particularly give then mistake you yourself, a new member like so many others, made in relation to me. The period around a new jailbreak release is always like this. It can barely be policed adequately. We have over 150,000 members here and only a fraction of them participating in this thread.

On the subject of VMWare and for EVERYONE'S BENEFIT - It is highly unlikely that ANYONE participating in this thread and looking to use OSX within a VMWare environment for the first time because of this jailbreak has the legal entitlement to do it. To virtualise an operating system you must have a fully valid licence which covers that. I very much doubt if ANY of you do for OSX. Therefore, by downloading a VMWare OSX image form the internet and performing the jailbreak on your Windows machine, you are most likley doing so illegally.

YOU SHOULD ALL KNOW OUR STANCE ON PIRACY HERE! We can't and won't stop you doing whatever you want to do away from these forums. But you don't get help and support to do something illegal here! The best answer you will get it "Google It". OK?

I'll also give fair warning now, as soon as the initial frenzy is over, I will be closing and retiring this thread to the archives and opening a new one, which can reference back here if necessary.
This is exactly the same process we did when the 4.3.3 jailbreak was released for iPad2 and we had to archive off thousands of similar comments.

I have tidied up the first post of the thread in the meantime :)

I hope that clarifies for folks.

Last edited:

comcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Uploaded corona/jb.plist
Uploaded corona/tar
Creating backup...

I found an answer to my problem (Isn't google great?) and thanks to iPF, @pod2g, @planetbeing, @saurik, @pimskeks, @p0sixninja, @MuscleNerd, @xvolks, the iPhone Dev Team, and many others, I can now use my iPad the way *I* want to.

The solution that worked for me was to go to Settings --> General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings then start the JB pocess all over from the beginning.
Sure am glad I made a full backup first! The whole thing only took about three minutes once I did the reset.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I found an answer to my problem (Isn't google great?) and thanks to iPF, @pod2g, @planetbeing, @saurik, @pimskeks, @p0sixninja, @MuscleNerd, @xvolks, the iPhone Dev Team, and many others, I can now use my iPad the way *I* want to.

The solution that worked for me was to go to Settings --> General --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings then start the JB pocess all over from the beginning.
Sure am glad I made a full backup first! The whole thing only took about three minutes once I did the reset.

Glad to hear you got it sorted! So, using the CLI version only took about 3 minutes in total, start to finish? That's quick. the GUI took about 15-20 minutes on my iPad2. It was about 10 minutes on my iPhone4S.

comcc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took about three minutes with an iPad that had just been erased, before I erased it, the process ran for about 12-15 minutes and then failed. I think that the more you have on your iPad, the longer it will take to run.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FINALLY, my iPad 2 is jailbroken!!

What I did;
- Installed latest iTunes version
- Made a backup of my iPad 2
- Followed instruction on how to jailbreak
- Restored from backup in iTunes

:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.