What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
guys, any idea when the window will close????
Apple hasn't released 5.1 so the "window" is wide open. Once they do release the next firmware update (5.1) then you should have anywhere from 5 minutes to 24 hours. In the past the window has been approximately 24 hours but there is no guarantee on that. If your device is already on 5.0.1 then there is no time limit, you can jailbreak whenever you want.

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just now! Jailbreaking from Mac OS X running in VMWARE 7 series.

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For those who are skilled with computers and do not want to wait till the windows release you can use VMWARE to run OS X. I did it following this video instructions on youtube: [Tutorial] How To Install Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Retail On Windows.
It is jailbreaking now my iPad 2 ;)

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it typical for them to put out a jailbreak with no Windows software?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I want to say that usually Windows was released first then MAC a few hours later... could be wrong though. Don't worry, it will be out soon enough.

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IN MY view windows is a far more superior OS than MAC , therefore jb tool should be on windows 1st!

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither OS is superior, both have their pros and cons but it's best to stay on topic with the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts