What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 2 basically has no effect at all from each of the hotfixes since they focus on the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, so it doesn't really matter which one you upgrade to or stay on.

giokspy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Απ: Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Ipad2 have issues on 6.1? Is better than 5.1.1? No wifi connect issues?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We would always recommend you move to the latest version of iOS when you have the opportunity. In this case 6.1. Once Apple issue a patch for the JB exploits,(and that could be quickly or slowly, we just don't know) you won't be able to choose to install 6.1 in the future as things stand. There is little point in stranding yourself on an older iOS unless you have a compelling reason to do so.

Remember, Apps in the app store sometimes have minimum OS requirements. There aren't any for 6.1 ATM, but that could change... Pages, Numbers, iPhoto etc. have a bad habit of being updated like that, and despite what has been written, 6.1 supports new APIs, and some of these may be utilised necessitating a "6.1 minimum" if you want to use them.

6.1 is more than a bug fix ;)

Last edited:

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My computer is running windows 7 means can't jailbreak my ipad?

Thank you

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will i be able to use windows 8 to JB?

Impossible to guarantee, but I see no reason why not... There is a chance you may need to use Windows compatibility options, but Windows8 is a little better than previous versions at handling that for you automatically.

You should be fine ;)

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have now ios 5.1.1 jailbreaked
is there a way to just update to ios6.1 jailbreaken?
Or do i have to update to ios6.1 not jailbreaken, loose all my applications tweaks and whatsoever and than jailbreak ios 6.1 and again install everything?

Leo Elfarra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reni90 said:
i have now ios 5.1.1 jailbreaked
is there a way to just update to ios6.1 jailbreaken?
Or do i have to update to ios6.1 not jailbreaken, loose all my applications tweaks and whatsoever and than jailbreak ios 6.1 and again install everything?

If I were you I will never update

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a wayto updae from ios 5.1.1 jailbreak to ios 6.1 jailbreaken? Or do i have to update to normal 6.1 loose all my tweaks aps and so, and than jailbreak it install the aps again?

Most reactions