What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What about this tutorial Ultrasn0w Unlock for iOS 6.0.1 Release Date -letsunlockiphone.com/unlock-ios-6-0-1-iphone-ultrasn0w-1-2-8-advice ? This is scam? Or it works?

Well, other that the site you posted had news for the iPhone, contained old news about tethered jail breaks and has nothing to do with the iPad? I'd not say it was a scam but that is sure is old news and has nothing to do with a jail break on iOS 6 on the iPad - the point of this thread.

So, no scam - but not a jail break for the iPad, either.

Again, people, if there is news, it WILL be posted in the first thread of this post. Please do not post random and arbitrary links you've found on the web. Thanks.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
malek saifulzillizan said:
waiting for jailbreak ipad 3......please.......

You have to be patient, a jailbreak comes in it's own time and cannot be scheduled or hurried. The first post in this thread will have the announcement of the iOS 6 jailbreak when it is released.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
subscription01 said:
Its an understood concept that No news are Good news but in this case No News are BAD NEWS

Apple is getting better at blocking exploits used by jailbreak developers, forcing the developers to work harder to make any progress. Unfortunately there is no way to predict how long it will be before the iOS 6 jailbreak is released.

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm never buying another apple device because of how long this takes it's just always going to get worse.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm never buying another apple device because of how long this takes it's just always going to get worse.

I'm the same. I only brought this iPad3 after it could be jailbroken and I'm so annoyed I cant downgrade as IOS6 sucks. Its slow, buggy and just the worst IOS ever. I know this as I've had a iPhone 1, 3G, 4, iPad 1 & 3.

IOS 5.1.1 is a lot better for current devices. All I want is a way to downgrade the iPad 3 then I'll be happy on 5.1.1 jailbroken.

There is already a jailbreak for IOS6 but they refuse to release it as it needs a dev account. I will pay for a dev account if I could jailbreak this iPad 3 on IOS6. I will even pay for a dev account if I could downgrade back to 5.1.1

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
NakedFaerie said:
I'm the same. I only brought this iPad3 after it could be jailbroken and I'm so annoyed I cant downgrade as IOS6 sucks. Its slow, buggy and just the worst IOS ever. I know this as I've had a iPhone 1, 3G, 4, iPad 1 & 3.

IOS 5.1.1 is a lot better for current devices. All I want is a way to downgrade the iPad 3 then I'll be happy on 5.1.1 jailbroken.

There is already a jailbreak for IOS6 but they refuse to release it as it needs a dev account. I will pay for a dev account if I could jailbreak this iPad 3 on IOS6. I will even pay for a dev account if I could downgrade back to 5.1.1

Well considering you would pay for a dev account to get a jailbreak, that'll never happen, haha.

Also, I think iOS 6 was more stable as a BETA, not the final release. Mind = blown.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zeke1 said:
Well considering you would pay for a dev account to get a jailbreak, that'll never happen, haha.

Also, I think iOS 6 was more stable as a BETA, not the final release. Mind = blown.

Why will that never happen? I paid so I can install beta versions previously so I will happily pay to jailbreak.

Yea, I would believe the beta to be more stable as IOS6 is the worst IOS yet.
It's about the same quality as iTunes 11.

If you have a device on IOS5.1.1 and your using iTunes 10 I highly recommend to NOT update either. Both updates are really crappy and you will regret it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NakedFaerie said:
Why will that never happen? I paid so I can install beta versions previously so I will happily pay to jailbreak.

Yea, I would believe the beta to be more stable as IOS6 is the worst IOS yet.
It's about the same quality as iTunes 11.

If you have a device on IOS5.1.1 and your using iTunes 10 I highly recommend to NOT update either. Both updates are really crappy and you will regret it.

Most people who upgrade have not had any problems at all.

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Most people who upgrade have not had any problems at all.

I agree, i haven't really had a problem, besides an initial battery drain issue, which was fixed. Can I Also make a side note that I think the camera is faster to open and take a picture on ios 6

dwertz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like there is a jailbreak for IOS 6.1 beta 3 for devs only using Redsnow 0.9.15 b3

I see a few downloads for IOS 6.1 Beta 3 but I am sure if you dont have a dev account I would assume DONT INSTALL it or you will be stuck. (Can someone confirm this?)

Its $99 a year for a dev account. eek

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dwertz said:
It looks like there is a jailbreak for IOS 6.1 beta 3 for devs only using Redsnow 0.9.15 b3

I see a few downloads for IOS 6.1 Beta 3 but I am sure if you dont have a dev account I would assume DONT INSTALL it or you will be stuck. (Can someone confirm this?)

This jailbreak has been known since it appeared in September. You are correct in that only people with an Apple developers account are able to test this jailbreak, as only they are authorized to download and use beta versions of iOS. The iPF rules do not allow the discussion of methods for non-developers to download the beta versions of any version of iOS.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

And this is iPhone 4 and earlier ONLY. It will not run on an iPad.

Most reactions