What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
muelgrub said:
Right, I'm on 5.1 and Jail Broken on my iPad, but on 6.0 on my iPhone. So, I guess I'll update the phone and wait on the iPad.

Are you sure you don't mean iOS 5.1.1 on your iPad? There is no jailbreak for iOS 5.1. In regards to your iPhone, I've seen numerous warnings not to update if you plan to jailbreak, as an iOS 6 jailbreak will likely appear before a jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1.

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't mean iOS 5.1.1 on your iPad? There is no jailbreak for iOS 5.1. In regards to your iPhone, I've seen numerous warnings not to update if you plan to jailbreak, as an iOS 6 jailbreak will likely appear before a jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1.

Yeah, that's what I meant 5.1.1 (just too lazy to type the last .1). And thanks for the info, I won't do the update on the phone and will wait for the 6.0 JB. (I was just about to hit update, but said "let me check the forum, just to make sure." Good thing I did.) :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
muelgrub said:
Yeah, that's what I meant 5.1.1 (just too lazy to type the last .1). And thanks for the info, I won't do the update on the phone and will wait for the 6.0 JB. (I was just about to hit update, but said "let me check the forum, just to make sure." Good thing I did.) :)

Just keep an eye on this thread, as any iOS 6 jailbreak will be announced here as soon as it's released.

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
don't worry Zeke1, if f4780y reads the info and feels it warrants reporting then it will appear on the front page.

Don't lose hope, patience is the key word with JailBreaking!!

Thanks for the response! I've been jailbreaking since 2.2.1 on my iPod touch 2gMB, and I'm normally quite content with waiting, but this was big news to me since its been a while. At least I can sate my appetite for tweaks on my old fart iPod :p

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going to update the thread with details about the keys p0sixninja found? Some people are losing hope D:

Where does he say he found the keys? Working on finding them is not finding them, unless I missed something? I demand accuracy! :D

Zeke1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
f4780y said:
Where does he say he found the keys? Working on finding them is not finding them, unless I missed something? I demand accuracy! :D

image-3787232469.jpg

Maybe I just misinterpreted it, or did you miss it? :)

Drosera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am I to assume the same details for the Ipad2 apply for the Mini since they have the same chip? Thanks

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No new news as regards the IOS6 JB, but I have updated and tidied up the first post so that it covers the new devices. Thanks for the prompt Drosera :D
Even Zeke1's "news" got a subtle mention ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts