What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

nickb67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read on RedsnowJailbreak that IPAD4 Jailbreak Verified by Chpwn has happened! is this true and why has ipad 2 and 3 be bypassed? will ipad 2 and 3 users ever get an untethered jailbreak, I follow on twitter and facebook, but they post other stuff nothing to do with jailbreaks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read on RedsnowJailbreak that IPAD4 Jailbreak Verified by Chpwn has happened! is this true and why has ipad 2 and 3 be bypassed? will ipad 2 and 3 users ever get an untethered jailbreak, I follow on twitter and facebook, but they post other stuff nothing to do with jailbreaks.

What you saw was, essentially, a concept jail break. they're just proving that there are vulnerabilities on the new, new iPad. Yes, the iPad4 has been jail broken (so has the Mini) on iOS 6. However, they were jail broken the same way all the other iDevices were on iOS 6 - by using developer tools. This means that a public jail break is still being worked on.

All this to say - there is no public jail break for iOS 6 yet. But, "they" are still working on it. We just need to keep hoping they'll succeed.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nickb67 said:

What you read about was a developer only jailbreak that won't be publicly released as it requires an Apple developer account to make it work. Another version of it has been demonstrated on the iPad 3.

Last edited:

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ran across a link to a redpoison site that claims to have an untethered jailbreak for all iDevices on 6.0 or 6.01. It sounds too good to be true. Since I see no mention of it here and they force you to complete some kind of "offer" before downloading, I think it is most likely some kind of scam.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jwjohnson said:
I ran across a link to a redpoison site that claims to have an untethered jailbreak for all iDevices on 6.0 or 6.01. It sounds too good to be true. Since I see no mention of it here and they force you to complete some kind of "offer" before downloading, I think it is most likely some kind of scam.

You're correct, it is a scam. There is currently no jailbreak for iOS 6 released to the public. These scammers are taking advantage of the fact that people are becoming anxious for an iOS 6 jailbreak and hope that will make you less alert for possible scams.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, should have noticed that. :)

No, the iPad3 cannot be jail broken on iOS 5.1. The only jail break for that iPad right now is on iOS 5.1.1, but you can't move up to that version as Apple has closed the authorization window for it. The only iOS you can upgrade that iPad3 to is iOS 6.0.1 (the one currently authorized by Apple).

As I highly doubt a jail break will ever appear for iOS 5.1, I'm afraid my only advice to you is to go ahead and upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 and join the rest of us who are watching this thread for a jail break for that iOS.

Marilyn

joykiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok thanks

No, the iPad3 cannot be jail broken on iOS 5.1. The only jail break for that iPad right now is on iOS 5.1.1, but you can't move up to that version as Apple has closed the authorization window for it. The only iOS you can upgrade that iPad3 to is iOS 6.0.1 (the one currently authorized by Apple).

As I highly doubt a jail break will ever appear for iOS 5.1, I'm afraid my only advice to you is to go ahead and upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 and join the rest of us who are watching this thread for a jail break for that iOS.

Marilyn
ok thanks you

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

I guess that since there is no JB for 6.0.0 that it will do no harm to update to 6.0.1, correct?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
muelgrub said:
I guess that since there is no JB for 6.0.0 that it will do no harm to update to 6.0.1, correct?

It depends on what iOS you are currently on. If you are still on iOS 5.1, then you have nothing to lose by updating to iOS 6.0.1. If you are on iOS 5.1.1 and are jailbroken or wish to jailbreak, then don't update until an is 6.0.1 jailbreak is released.

muelgrub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It depends on what iOS you are currently on. If you are still on iOS 5.1, then you have nothing to lose by updating to iOS 6.0.1. If you are on iOS 5.1.1 and are jailbroken or wish to jailbreak, then don't update until an is 6.0.1 jailbreak is released.

Right, I'm on 5.1 and Jail Broken on my iPad, but on 6.0 on my iPhone. So, I guess I'll update the phone and wait on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts