What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bdude52 said:
I don't think so, and my computer with iTunes on it has had a hard drive failure :/
Without any of the appropriate blobs saves ten you won't be able to downgrade

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do the blobs I had to save manually they have saved automatically by doing backup when i had ios 5.1.1???

No, unfortunately not. To save blobs, you either have to be jail broken and visit Cydia (the servers there will collect and save your blobs for you) or you need to download and run the latest version of Tiny Umbrella. If you've never jail broken iOS 5.1.1 (and visited Cydia) or never ran Tiny Umbrella, then no, you don't have blobs. Sorry.

Oh, and right now, if you've use the over-the-air function to install your current iOS, then there is no way to do this re-restore process at this time. Sorry.

Marilyn

bdude52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, unfortunately not. To save blobs, you either have to be jail broken and visit Cydia (the servers there will collect and save your blobs for you) or you need to download and run the latest version of Tiny Umbrella. If you've never jail broken iOS 5.1.1 (and visited Cydia) or never ran Tiny Umbrella, then no, you don't have blobs. Sorry.

Oh, and right now, if you've use the over-the-air function to install your current iOS, then there is no way to do this re-restore process at this time. Sorry.

Marilyn

I was jailbroken on ios 5.1.1, but then I used my computer to restore, un-jailbreak, then did the ios 6 update OTA. does that mean I can get my blobs from cydia?

seyrocky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 on iOS 6. I have shsh blobs for 5.1.1 saved. Is there a way to downgrade my iPad back to 5.1.1?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your iPad2 is currently running iOS 6, the only way you can go back down an iOS version is if you have an iOS 5.x blob AND an iOS 4.x blob. You must have the 4.x blob, else you can't come off of iOS 6. And, the iOS 5.x blob must not have come from an over-the-air update.

There is a built-in check at the start of the process, so you can run the Re-restore and see if it works for you. Have a look at the Dev-Team blob (link in first post) for details if you need, but if you are not successful, you can stop the process with no consequences.

Marilyn

seyrocky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn & f4780y for your response. Unfortunately, I do not have 4.x blobs as never saved them...Looks like I am stuck on 6 for now, sucks!

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seyrocky said:
Thank you Marilyn & f4780y for your response. Unfortunately, I do not have 4.x blobs as never saved them...Looks like I am stuck on 6 for now, sucks!

Did you jailbreak your iPad2 while it was on 4.x? If so check cydia for the blobs.

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This thread is sooooo boring! I remember the days when the iPf forum waiting for a new jb was a minute by minute, blow by blow, stab in the dark guessing game as to how long it was going to be... noob after noob asking the same question over and over.... f4780y and mickey struggling to maintain order and deleting dodgy link after link! Have we matured? Have most of us got JB'd devices that we don't care as much now?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All US jailbreakers are probably going over to the iPhone forum and asking there instead, just in case Big Brother is listening. The Federal Communications Commission didn't include tablets in the new Digital Millennium Copyright Act exemptions. ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
All US jailbreakers are probably going over to the iPhone forum and asking there instead, just in case Big Brother is listening. The Federal Communications Commission didn't include tablets in the new Digital Millennium Copyright Act exemptions. ;)

Where would Phablets fit in with regards to to new rules regarding jailbreaking of phones and tablets?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Where would Phablets fit in with regards to to new rules regarding jailbreaking of phones and tablets?

Most likely a phone by the FCC's reckoning is a device that has been registered and approved by them for use as a phone. A phablet would still need to be approved as a phone. Or were you being facetious? ;)

The reason given for not exempting tablets is that there is no strong definition of what a tablet is. Almost anything could be called a tablet, providing it has a screen and at least some computer like abilities. Phones, however, have a fairly well defined function. They connect to and make calls over a telephone services network.

Though that definition is also getting a bit gray with internet call services.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts