What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IOS6 Jailbreak Status Thread

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a link to a group calling themselves blackpois0n that claims to have a 6.0, 6.01, and 6.1 JB available. Any info about validity of this. The web site claims to be a collaboration by several well known devs.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a link to a group calling themselves blackpois0n that claims to have a 6.0, 6.01, and 6.1 JB available. Any info about validity of this. The web site claims to be a collaboration by several well known devs.

There are a million links to a million dev-teams all claiming to have a jailbreak. They don't. Anyone new with pois0n or ra1n in their name is just screaming "FAKE" AFAIC.

All news on legitimate and genuine jailbreaks will be posted on our forum, as well as every other legitimate iPad and iPhone forum and blog within minutes. Rest assured, you won't discover the next jailbreak first via Google or YouTube ;)

Developing a full jailbreak requires the collaboration and knowledge of a whole community of established developers. A brand new previously unknown team will not pop up out of nowhere to release a jailbreak. See the news on Evad3r above. A new team name for 4 of the most established members of the jailbreak community is exactly what you can expect.

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
with the recent news of the 6.0.1 jailbreak possibly coming out this weekend does that mean that the ipad 3 should be soon to follow or at the same time?

An IOS 6.x jailbreak would normally be expected to work on ALL devices running the version of IOS 6.x which the jailbreak supports (AppleTV excepted).

Last edited:

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
First post updated with news regarding the Evad3rs :D

Very encouraging news. Not holding my breath just yet but at least we have some hope.

puchdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 6.1 beta 5 was released. No gm release will have to wait a little longer for the public release. Can't wait

Superfandango

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MuscleNerd tweets... Wow, a new 6.1beta5 is out. Apples teasing us all!

i0n1c tweets... Interesting thing about iOS 6.1 Beta 5 release that it has the build ID of a final. not that of a beta

update...

MuscleNerd tweets... despite the odd beta naming as @winocm discovered this is actually releasable as public 6.1 at Apples will. Good! Home stretch...

Is it correct that iOS 3.1 beta 3 went to final build with no GM release?

This is driving me bonkers, its better than any TV drama!!

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@superfandango - there is no ETA for the jailbreak and no way to know when (or even IF) the evad3rs will release it following 6.1 going public. Anything Apple has done in the past cannot be used as a guide for how they will behave in the future. They have released public versions of IOS in both scenarios. i.e. straight after a plain old beta as well as after a GM beta release. Most recently there has always been a GM, but in the old days it was normal to go from beta.x to public release.

Guessing which thing Apple is doing now to try and help you predict when a jailbreak without an ETA will be released won't get you anywhere, as history has proven for EVERY SINGLE Jailbreak ;)

It will arrive when it arrives. At best, we normally get a day or two of being fairly certain it is upon us. We are not there yet. Patience grasshooper.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exciting news regarding the upcoming jailbreak being added to the first post as you read this ;)

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I were a betting man, I'd be tempted to say Sunday will be Funday ;)

Most reactions